■31 - My Name... It's Evan■

Start from the beginning

"What? Pfft, no. Whatever that means..."

Evan:

"Sure, Laurel. I'll believe you."

Laurel:

"Eh, you should."

Evan:

"You... you sounded almost relieved when I told you my name. Is there a reason?"

Laurel:

"Yeah, well, I am relieved. Ever since you told me that your name ironically starts with an "E", I was like so... scared? Because even your last name is Richmond which was scarier. But gosh, really I am glad that you're not him."

Evan:

"Who?"

Laurel:

"Ethan. Ethan Richmond. He was some guy from my high school. Which is a shame because he's a model now."

Evan:

"Oh... you wanna, um, maybe talk about it or something?"

Laurel:

"Well, I can go on and on to bitch about him! He was like the worst! So I had this note and a single rose placed in my locker. The note read, 'hey, join me at my table during lunch'. He was one of those "popular kids". And like a stupid girl, I believed it. I believed the note..."

Evan:

"Are you... are you crying?"

Laurel:

"What? No!"

Evan:

"Why does it-"

Laurel:

"ANYWAY, so I went inside the cafeteria with that rose to "join him". That's when Chloe, Ethan's close friend, laughed in my face. She said all kinds of mean things to me in front of everyone... and I felt humiliated. It was a stupid prank pulled by Chloe and I was just a source of their entertainment. It was mean and I was... hurt. When I turned around to exit that God awful place of jeers, I saw him standing there at the entrance. He was pretending to look all sad and guilty. The nerves of him!"

Evan:

"Hey... please don't cry. I - they were all a bunch of losers but look at you! You're so creative and you're learning animation which is SO COOL!"

Laurel:

"... Yeah."

Evan:

"Aww, you laughed!"

Laurel:

"Thanks, Evan."

Evan:

"..."

Laurel:

"..."

Evan:

"It's Bob for you and you're welcome."

Laurel:

"Aww, look who wants me to call him Bob? Bob himself!"

Evan:

"Shit, I don't know why I said that."

Laurel:

"Because you're a stinky blob of Bob, you smelly Bob!"

Evan:

"Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want."

Laurel:

"..."

Evan:

"So... did he ever apologize to you? The Ethan guy, I mean?"

Laurel:

"Yeah, he did but I pushed past him because you can't do anything once a thief steals everything precious from your house and you never see him again. Look, my-my point is that what's an apology when the damage is done? Every day after that was worse in school and I had no one except for Cece."

Evan:

"Yeah... I get it but why do you blame Ethan more than you do Chloe? I don't believe he did anything?"

Laurel:

"Because... because she was his best friend. He could have stopped her from publicly humiliating me. Chloe didn't have to do that to me. And what do you mean? Of course, they were in it together!"

Evan:

"Agreed and she sounds like a real bitch to me! But you shouldn't have gone to join him, you know..."

Laurel:

"Yeah, right! Laurel Blair made a mistake, I agree but... but..."

Evan:

"But what?"

Laurel:

"Just like most of them in my high school, I had a crush on him too! And even today, the reason I blame him the most is because I had this really really really small feeling that he would "protect me" and that he's a nice guy but bleh. And I - her - I, yeah I agree I was stupid."

Evan:

"Whoa... your cr- I mean, maybe he regrets it?"

Laurel:

"I don't care, Bob! I just - let's not talk about him now... please?"

Evan:

"Yeah, I agree because I don't like the sad Pixie. I like the sassy Pixie."

Laurel:

"Shut up!"

Evan:

"Aww, you're blushing."

My pixie <3 ended the call.

Evan:

"Wait, what? Did she just-? Of course, she did," he muttered to himself with a guilty smile.