.22. secret again (sort of)

It's been a couple weeks since we decided to wait even longer to tell people about our relationship, and tonight is going to be our sixth month anniversary.

I'm excited to be with someone who makes me so happy for half a year. I just wish that I could share that with others.

I mean, it's been six months together, and nobody else besides Quackity knows. We're not even having our special date night until we know Clay will be out of the house for sure. He's going to a family dinner an hour away from where we live, so the coast will be very clear tonight.

I hate that we have to do that, too. I just want to be able to say 'hey clay! We're going to dinner. We'll bring back a slice of cake!' or something like that. We can't even bring home leftovers because he might question why were at such a nice restaurant.

Secret dating is not as fun as it used to be.

"You ready?" Nick asks as he opens the door to my apartment.I gave Nick and Clay keys to my apartment finally because they kept showing up at my door. In reality, I've wanted to give Nick a key for a while, but I didn't want Clay to question it. If I gave Nick a key, then Clay had to have one too.

"Yeah," I get up from the stool in my room that I was sitting on. I wore my favorite dress that I always wore when I'm feeling super confident.

Nick and I ironically go to the restaurant we went to when we showed up at the same time as Clay. This time we don't have to sit in the very back, but sit in a normal seat that they lead us to.

"I feel like we can enjoy our dinner this time," Nick laughs as we sit down.

I nod, "Instead of ducking down to make sure Clay isn't watching?"

"exactly."

"I agree," I reach over to his hand, "I'm really happy to be here with you."

He smiles, "I've never been happier than these past six months, y/n. I L-" he stops himself from what he was going to say.

My heart flutters a little bit. Part of me thought he was going to use a word for a very strong feeling. I try to calm my heart down. He didn't say it, so I can't get ahead of myself. He could've been saying that he laughs at turtle races. I can never know.

I smile at his comment. I try to change the subject to avoid making it awkward. He obviously stopped saying it for a reason, so I have to respect that.

"Sometimes I think about the fact that we wouldn't have met for a long time if I didn't drop out of college." I say as I take a sip of water.

"Even if we did meet, it wouldn't have been enough time to get to know each other." He messes with a napkin on the table.

I nod, "Honestly, that's so true. We wouldn't have gotten close like we did."

We start to talk of all our best moments in the past six months. I avoid the topic of telling Clay the entire night.

Based on his what happened a couple weeks ago when he talked to Clay, I've pretty much avoided the topic of telling people.

Even though that's all I want to do.

One week later...

"Look at the controvecy you caused on twitter," Clay says as he hands me his phone.

"What?" I say as I look at the screen.

Karl posted a selfie of the feral boys, minus Dream, and in the very very background you can see a quarter of my body.

Karl Jacobs | @honkkarl miss hanging out w these guys!

*picture*

@fan replied to @honkkarl

Who is that in the background?

|

@fan replied to @honkkarl

Lol is that dream

|

@fan replied to @honkkarl

DRISTA?

|

@fan replied to @honkkarl

They're keeping someone a secret!!

|

@fan replied to @honkkarl

Could it be the girl from stream a while ago?

|

@fan replied to @honkkarl

WHO'S GF COULD THAT BE

"Oh my goodness," I say as I hand the phone back to Clay.

"Yeah, it's insane. They zoom into every photo, I swear." Clay rolls his eyes.

"I could never be famous," I say, "it would be the death of me."

"Too late. Half of you already is," he says with a chuckle.

"Then bury that part six feet under the ground." I get up from the couch for a snack.

Clay laughs. "I love how they all thought you were one of our girlfriends. Like do they think that none of us can have a girl best friend?"

I freeze for a second right when my hand is on the cheese. "Yeah, that's so weird, but can you blame them? How could you handle not being with half of all this," I motion towards the half that was in the photo.

"You're ridiculous," he shakes his head.

I take a sigh of relief. I didn't want to immediately lie right to his face. I feel like if I joked about it then it was indirectly avoiding it. Maybe.

One week later...

Nick and I go to the park as a little date while Clay edits his next manhunt video. We walk on a path that isn't traveled on very often, so we feel safe holding hands.

"I need to start thinking of things to get for going to the UK," he says.

"That's a whole month away, Nick," I laugh, "You have a bit of time."

"Well, I just want to be prepared." he shrugs, "I don't want to start freaking out a few days before we leave because I procrastinated."

"You have a point, but maybe wait till it's like a couple weeks." I say. We walk out of the little paths that's covered in trees. We continue to hold hands even though we're out in the open now.

"A month is a couple weeks," he says.

"No it is not," I shake my head, "a couple weeks is two. Couple."

"A couple can be like two or three."

"A couple is two. We are a couple. Two." I hold our hands up for emphasis, "And a month is for weeks either way."

"A couple of couple weeks then," Nick says proudly.

I roll my eyes. We jokingly argued about it for a while.

We talk for a long time, so we end up walking on a different trail eventually. We don't see that many people on that one though. It's more than the first, but not a whole ton.

We walk into Nick and Clay's house a couple hours later. I expected him to be tucked away in his room editing, but instead he is standing menacingly in the front hall with his arms crossed when we walk in.

"Hey, what's up?" Nick says as he closes the door, sounding a little weary from the way Clay is standing.

Clay holds up his phone with twitter pulled up, "What the fuck is this?"

.author's note.

come back tomorrow to find what the fuck it is hahahha

anywayys have a good day!!

.word count.. 1218