.6. off limits

.sapnap pov.

"Is y/n coming over tomorrow?" I ask Dream as we clean up from eating dinner. She didn't come over today because she had something to do with her family.

I thought y/n was a really cool person, but I realized I could really have feelings for her after our discord call. We've been texting all day too.

"I'm not sure, why?" Dream asks as he rinses off his plate.

"No reason," I shrug as I put the leftover food in a container, "just curious."

"Does it annoy you that she comes around so much?" he asks, "I know she's my best friend, but it's your house too. If it annoys you we can-"

"It doesn't annoy me," I interrupt him. If anything it's the complete opposite. "I mean, she's a super cool person. Hot too."

"Ew, Sapnap!" Dream chuckles.

"What? You literally used to say the same thing when you talked about her" I close the containers once I get everything sorted out.

"What? That is not what I said!" he says as he gets defensive.

"Yes it is!" I put the containers into the fridge, "You would talk about her, and you always mentioned that she was hot. I knew her as your hot girl best friend before anything else."

"That.. that is not true," he turns the faucet off after he rinses the last plate. "I said she was my child best friend and that you would like her.. But not look at her."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, I still think she's cute."

He dries his hands on the kitchen towel. "Don't even, man."

"What?" I ask, wondering what I had said.

"Don't go chasing after y/n," he hangs the towel back up.

"What? Are you chasing her or something?" I joke as I lean on the kitchen's island. I try not to sound too interested, but I really was curious about her.

"No," he scoffs as if that's ridiculous, "she just doesn't need you chasing after her."

"Is she talking to someone?" My voice got a little softer than I would've liked. So much for trying to be uninterested.

"No, she just doesn't need a boyfriend right now," he shrugs, basically repeating what he already said, "that's all."

"What? Did she say that?" I ask. I thought we really connected these past couple weeks.

"Not exactly," He says, looking in the fridge for food even though we just ate. He shuts the fridge and turns to me. "Look, just don't go after y/n right now. She's my best friend, and I just got her back. I don't want things to be awkward between us. Or you and me for that matter."

I put my hands up defensively. "Alright, got it. y/n is off limits."

I hate that I feel so sad to hear that. I was starting to really like her. I wish I could just give it a chance.

She might not even like you back, Nick, so don't get ahead of yourself.

.author's note.

not dream gatekeeping y/n from sapnap...

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.4K READS IN TWO DAYS THAT IS CRAZYYY

.word count.. 524