"Hey there Atsushi and Kyouka. Seems like you missed me, well I missed you both too." Dazai ran his hands through their hair. It took Chuuya a bit to adjust to seeing Dazai show affection, considering he knew him to be a pain in the ass.

"Is that Chibi?" Kyouka pointed to Chuuya, who blinked a few times with his head tilted. Eventually, he turned to Dazai, who raised his hands in a surrendering motion.

"I did not tell them to call you that!" Dazai braced himself for the ginger's loud mouthing. Instead, he ended up watching him kneel a few meters from him on the ground.

"First thing kids, It's Chuuya, not Chibi. Second, how old are you two?" Chuuya looked at the kids who sat on the floor. Atsushi seemed to fidget with his fingers before answering.

"I'm 14, Kyouka is 10." Chuuya nodded before fishing in his pockets. He pulled a handful of candy out before handing it to the kids whose eyes widened. They immediately began to devour the candies. Chuuya smiled as the feeling of familiarity passed through him as he chuckled.

Dazai stood up walking to Oda, who had finished cooking and was now letting the food cool before he called them to lunch. "How can I help support them?" Oda shook his head, leaning against the wall as he watched the guest Dazai had brought with him. When he'd first seen these two, they didn't get along, but now they seemed to get along just fine. He wondered what went down, but he dared not ask the brunette in front of him.

"Dazai, you don't need to. You can support them when you graduate. You need to focus on school, you're doing well despite some complaints I've gotten from teachers. Dazai nodded looking at Chuuya who was now playing with the kids. The ginger's face was lifted in a rare expression of complete joy. His eyes seemed to shine just like the sea when it reflected the summer sun. his hair had come loose, the hair tie discarded on the floor. Dazai's expression softened as he watched the male play with Atsushi, and listened to Kyouka shout orders at Atsushi who tried his best to play fight correctly. Chuuya feigned injuries, letting the child win against him. It caused a small chuckle to leave his lips. "You're lucky Dazai, he's already taken care of supporting them for you." Dazai looked back to Oda, then to Chuuya once more. He'd never expected the ginger to do something like that. The pressure inside his chest was far from comforting, but it provided a warmth he wasn't used to feeling.

Slowly the fight became a pillow fight, Oda looked at Dazai elbowing him as a small nudge. Sighing, Dazai grabbed a pillow and tossed it at Chuuya, who looked around and glared before grabbing one and sending it right back. Dazai caught it with a snicker. "Short stacks, you gotta try harder than that!" Chuuya rolled his eyes, whispering to Atsushi, who nodded enthusiastically and whispered to Kyouka, who smiled devilishly. The three of them charged for Dazai with their pillows. "Wha! Hey, that's not fair! This is assault! Oda save me!"

Oda only laughed as Dazai ran about the room, chased by two children and his roommate. Eventually, the two kids cut him off at the back of the sofa. Chuuya came up behind him, hitting him in the back. "There, we're even." Dazai spun around and met with just how close Chuuya was to him. He froze, his body had never done that before. He's frozen up in front of people, like his father, for example. This felt different. His heart wasn't panicking, instead, he felt warm.

Dazai pushed his pillow into Chuuya's face within a split millisecond before darting away. "Nope, I still win!" Chuuya stood there in shock, he had no idea what had just happened, but he lunged for Dazai with his pillow. They went back and forth for a while until the kids are tired out and half asleep. After lunch, they played some movies and left before dinner.

The same car that had dropped them off was waiting to take them back to the campus. Chuuya slid in first, followed by Dazai. Silence passed between them for a bit until Dazai stared out the window and sighed. "Why did you do all this?"

Caught off guard with the question, Chuuya glanced out his window, following with a sigh. "I guess, it felt like I'd feel regret if I didn't. I know that I got lucky when my dad adopted me, and not all orphans get to be like that, so I felt like I had to help."

Dazai nodded, letting there be silence again before managing to finally speak up. Chuuya wasn't at all the person he'd expected him to be. He'd seen it first-hand today. This boy was kind and honest, the opposite of what his mind had prepared him to think and be ready for. "Sorry for being a jerk to you." Dazai trailed off swallowing courage as he mumbled some more. "It was fun, but I guess, you're not some idiotic spoiled rich brat."

Chuuya turned to him, his mouth agape. "You thought I was..." Dazai nodded, sparing Chuuya a glance, only to feel his shoulder flicked. He deserved that.

"Jeez, you're the stupid idiot here!" Dazai snickered at Chuuya's rude huff. His arms crossed as he shrank in his seat. "Stop smiling, jerk!" Dazai looked away to hide his expression. It was so odd to feel giddy, he was so used to feeling desperately alone, craving for any sort of touch.

He listened to the barrage of insults all the way home. Though, it felt like an angry child's tantrum more than normal insults.