Wrong Place, Wrong Time

NATASHA was humming to music in the shower, minding her own business. The bathroom was not that spacious, but she could work with it. She was a spy, after all. Like everybody else, she loved singing in the shower. After she was done, she covered herself with a bathrobe and went to her bedroom to change.

Steve had just gotten back from the grocery store, and he had to tell Natasha that he could not find the spices she wanted. He did not want her to find out for herself, because she would get really angry. Without thinking, he barged into Natasha's bedroom. Standing beside the closet was Natasha, who was only covered by a bathrobe.

"What the hell, Steve?!" Natasha shouted at the top of her lungs. Nobody could blame her, as a man had just barged into her bedroom and seen her only covered by a bathrobe.

Steve gasped and immediately said, "Oh my lord, I'm so sorry. I-I didn't know you-you had just showered... I'm-I'm so sorry! I just wanted to tell you that I couldn't find your spices!"

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Natasha screamed. She tightened her hand around her bathrobe.

"GET OUT!" Natasha bellowed. Steve backed away and pushed a few books behind him down accidentally on his way out of the room.
Natasha sighed in exasperation. This was what living with Steve was like. Steve doing something wrong cutely, then her screaming at him and never talking about it again. Wait-did I say cutely? No! Not cutely!

She wanted this time to be different.

After getting dressed, she went into the living room to see an apologetic Steve. Natasha was wearing a black polyester t shirt and sweatpants.

"Nat, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to see you in your bathrobe. I just-I wanted to tell you about the spices and-well- you know. Wrong place, wrong time. I know you're probably super sensitive about this, so I apologise. I hope you can forgive me," apologised Steve. Natasha closed her eyes for a second, then huffed. Why did Steve always have to be so perfect?

"You know I can't stay mad at you," Natasha said. Steve smiled and hugged her impulsively.

Natasha gasped a little, but enjoyed and savoured the hug. She hugged him back and tightened her grip around him. She secretly loved hugs, but never told anybody in case they...disappeared after getting close to her. She knew Steve was not going to leave her. Somehow, when even their fingers touched, they felt some kind of chemistry. They felt it all the time when they were together, but when there was some sort of contact with each other, an electric wave would follow through them. This hug, too, felt electric, but none of them wanted to say anything to make it any more awkward than it already was. When they pulled away, none of them wanted to let go of each other, but they both hid it.

Natasha commented, "Didn't know you were a hugger."

Steve scoffed and smiled brightly. He stared into her emerald eyes and felt a magnetic force pulling him to her. He walked closer to her. She backed away a little, but did not do anything about it. He leaned in to kiss her, and.....

TO BE CONTINUED