Chapter 7

Arden's POV

I froze in place when Dylan grabbed my arm. It took me a few moments to regain my composure and step back.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I don't want things to be this awkward between us forever. I was admittedly a bad friend, and I was completely out of line the last time we spoke. I deserved that punch. This is me formally apologizing for everything. I'm so damn sorry Arden. I get that you don't care for me much; however, with Matt and Andrea dating and y'all moving back here, we're going to be in the same social circle. I'd like it if we could bury the hatchet and move on." Dylan said as he stared back at me almost pleadingly.

"Ok." I said as I darted my eyes away from his intense stare, "By-gones and what not. The guys are important to me. Andrea and Matt love each other. If you're willing to try to get along, then so am I."

"Thank you." Dylan replied.

"I really do need to be going. I have a work thing bright and early tomorrow. Good night." I said before nearly sprinting back to my car.

Andrea and the guys were all sitting in the livingroom when I got back home. No sneaking off to my room now.

"Where did you disappear to?" Andrea asked as I sank down into a recliner.

"The golf course. I needed to clear my head. I was worried about how things were going to go between the guys." I replied.

"They went surprisingly well." Matt commented with a shrug.

"So I gathered." I said.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.

"Dylan showed up." I supplied.

"What the hell?" Trey blurted out.

"My thoughts exactly. Anyway, he apologized and said that he wanted to bury the hatchet and get along since we were in the same 'social circle' now." I explained using air quotes around the last part.

"What did you say?" Andrea asked.

"I told him I'd try to get along if he did and I left. It was awkward, but I don't hold any grudges. I was over the high school shit by the time we made it to Boston, and I was over the fight by the time my hand healed. Being mad at other people doesn't hurt them. It only hurts the person holding on to the anger. I'm happy. I have great friends. I'm not going to stress about people who didn't want to be in my life." I replied.

"You're a good person Arden. Thank you for doing that." Matt said.

"Anything for you losers, but I am pretty tired so I'm going to head to bed. Good night guys. Thanks again for everything tonight." I said as I stood and made my way to my room.

Liam's POV

"Is she really OK?" I asked turning my attention to Andrea.

"Yeah. I think so. She let go of him a long time ago. I don't think there's anything that he could say or do to hurt her anymore." Andrea replied.

"It's crazy. None of us ever even knew back in high school that they had been so close. We all thought she was like the other groupies fawning over him." Matt said shaking his head.