Chapter 5

"Are you ready to be back home?" Liam asked as he hopped up on the bathroom counter.

"Yeah. I've missed my mom. She's the only family I have and being away all these years was really hard." I replied.

"Don't forget the best part." Trey announced as he took up a seat on the closed lid of the commode, "You'll be able to hang out with your most bestest friends in the whole world all the time now."

Cocking my head to the side and feigning confusion I asked, "Who's that?"

    Trey growled before tossing a bath poof at me.

"Us! We are your most bestest friends." Trey declared.

Giggling I replied, "Yes y'all really are. I love you guys. You don't know how much I appreciate y'all coming today."

"Anytime." Liam replied just as his phone rang.

    He sent the call to voice-mail, but not before I saw the name on the caller ID. Dylan.

"You could have answered that. I wouldn't have minded." I said.

"I know, but it's easier to just not. Keeping everything separate is just easier." Liam replied.

"Yeah, except the two worlds are about to collide. We move home this weekend. I can stay away and pretend like I don't know y'all, but there's not going to be a way to pretend that Andrea and Matt aren't together. He's not going to be happy when he finds out that everyone has been hiding all of this from him." I argued as I began packing up my makeup and stormed out of the bathroom.

"Hey!" Trey called before catching me around the waist, "No one is going to pretend anything. You're our friend. Just the same as he is. You're important to us, and we aren't going to just throw you down because he gets pissy. Maybe you two can coexist and maybe you can't, but either way you're still our friend. I can't believe you would even think that we would do that. He's going to be pissed that we hid it from him, but he'll get over it. If he can't, then I guess we all keep hanging out separately. I don't know, but I do know that we will figure it out."

"I think going back is a mistake. I got an offer from a firm over in Jackson, and I've been thinking about taking it. It's a good offer. I'd be closer to home, but not too close. Everything could still stay separate. I mean obviously he'd know about Andrea, but you two could pretend to have not known." I said as I buried my face in Trey's chest.

"You'd really do all of that just to avoid Dylan?" Liam asked as he wrapped his arms around me effectively sandwiching me in-between the two of them.

"No. I would do that to try and help y'all. I don't want this to ruin y'all's friendship. Y'all have been friends for like eleven years. I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened and it was my fault." I muttered.

"If something happens, it will be Dylan's fault not yours Ards. Now quit with the moping and let's head out before you're late." Liam announced before turning he and I both towards the door.

"You heard the man hot stuff. By the way, we're crashing here tonight." Trey added as he, Andrea, and Matt followed us out.

"Of course you are." Andrea muttered with a laugh.

    Graduation was great. My mom and Andrea's parents made it, and our huge group all went out to dinner to celebrate. After dinner, our group, with the exception of Andrea's parents who were staying in a hotel, all headed back to our apartment for the night. Everyone was helping us with the move the next day. I gave my room up to my mom which left Liam, Trey, and I to sleep on the couches in the livingroom.