In the temples wolves usually went in their wolf form to meditate, you could say, to be at peace and speak as well as pray to the god of choice. But Luke's warning rang in my ears if the customs of this pack were different than how different were these temples and the uses of them? As Zaliver was the only well known or almost seen god, how did this whole situation work?

My guards led me to what must have been the front of the meeting space, we walked around wolves, careful to not stop long enough so that one could say anything about me, but I could feel a quick tension. They were wondering who I was.

It was odd because we were behind the temples rather than the front, the large structure casted a shadow over all of us, keeping the rising moonlight away. I looked around me, we were in a clearing surrounded by large boulders, rocks, and trees. I made sure not to make eye contact with anyone as I glanced, my guards had begun to spread around me, but kept close enough to reach me easily.

I shifted foot to foot in uneasiness.

Maybe I was way over my head here. I was beginning to see the different side of this pack and I was left confused. My wolf peered around, taking in her surroundings, trying to gather as many clues as to what could happen next. Even my guards around me seemed a little off edge, their body's shifting side to side as if waiting for something.

Where's Zaliver? I wanted to see the only person who I felt safe-ish around, he would bring me comfort. I looked up to see if I could see him hidden behind something.

I was so busy looking for my mate that I didn't feel my mate appear beside me. When I cranked my head to turn once more I had to take a step back out of fright of the large frame that leaned over me, a broad chest that was very close to my face. I tried my eyes to see those of my mate, tension I wasn't aware I had been carrying all day disappeared at the sight of him. His hair was all messy as if he had been running a moment before, he must have moved fast If I hadn't even heard him.

"Damn! You scared me!" I exclaimed, placing a hand on my chest.

He looked at me with a raised brow, I felt like I was getting better at reading his expressions. Even though he wasn't smiling at me, the slight twitch of his lip and tightness of his eyes made me believe he was amused at my reaction. I peeked around him and saw everyone looking at me, the Johnson had a smirk on his face but other than him the others around us looked at me with intrigue.

"Did I now?" He asked leaning his head closer to mine. I held my breath for a moment before squaring my shoulders.

"You know you did. So what's going on?" I demanded, knowing fully that I was speaking to someone of high authority, but little by little seeing him as he was, my mate. My wolf liked that we seemed to be bolder around our mate and so did I.

He looked at me for a moment before turning to face the crowded pack members, the youngest kids seemed to be around early teens, I noticed that as soon as Zaliver turned all eyes snapped from me to him. Cort and Mila both winked at me as if to send me a message but I had no idea what they meant.

When Zaliver spoke he held the attention of all as if he didn't before. It was mesmerizing and captivating watching Zaliver speak, but I finally got a piece of this confusing puzzle. I too listened very closely to his words.

"Now you are all aware of the recent raids our pack has committed. And I'm here to confirm the suspension. Eighteen years ago I received a note that a baby girl would be born, and this child would grow destined to be mine, Of course, I didn't believe it until a few years ago due to unmentionable events, but I'm here to say that it was true." My eyes widened at each word that left his mouth.

Someone predicted I was meant for Zaliver? The raids were meant to find me?

"I present to you, my mate. Vivian Grey, your Luna." Zaliver surprised me even more by taking a step to the side, casting me in the views of the surprised crowd. I knew what they saw, a brown-haired, tired-eyed girl who was still in her sweats. Man, I was a sight.