TWO: Capricorn

"Can you tell me the story again?"

Daryl closed his eyes briefly letting out a sigh before looking back at the girl, "Its the same ya heard thousand times already."

But the little girl just smiled, "I know, just tell it again please." she turned looking at the man expectly as they both sat on the steps of the porch. Daryl looked to her and couldn't help but give, she had always had the power to make him soft without even trying.

"It was before all of this," Daryl said gesturig to the community around him, "I was younger too, working one of my jobs."

Daryl hustled around the counter at the diner, pen in his front chest pocket awaiting the order he'd taken, he wasn't supposed to be dealing with customers but fucking Liam called out sick at the last minute. The dinner was Daryl's part-time job, he usually helped take in the shipments of food, or fixed things around the place, bused down tables, it wasn't official just money under the table that helped him get by.

An older guy named Dan owned the place, but he was the cook, so that left Daryl in charge of customers, but Daryl wasn't much of a people person.

The diner was slammed, he was about ready to tell Dan to fuck off and that he was done when the older man told him hed pay him 5 more bucks an hour, he was desperate for the help and Daryl wasn't dumb enough to turn more money down, so he kept his mouth shut.

Why the diner was so busy? Daryl had no clue, it was a Saturday morning and they were located in the middle of Georgia, the place was small and old, it was nothing special.

The hanging bell chimed at the front giving a heads up that another customer had walked in. Daryl, was sure he looked like an idiot, scrambling back and forth between, tables, orders, and people.

He turned around just in time to come face to face with a girl, at the time Daryl was 19 , the girl who faced him looked around the same age, if not a little younger 18 or 17 at youngest.

"I need coffee." The girl said.

Daryl scoffed continuing to shuffle around grabbing plates,"Kinda busy here, got a line of customers, go wait." he grunted. Dan said he'd have to deal with customers, never said he'd have to be polite.

The girl let out a chuckle that held little to no amusement, "Here's the thing diner man, I see the customers, but I got about 5 minutes before my parents come in here and drag me out for taking too long." She told. Daryl ignored her and moved on his way to table 7 with there breakfast order, but that didn't stop her from following. He could barley contain his eyeroll. "Look, please, my parents are forcing me on a 3 day trip of college tours, this is day one and if I have to go through it without a caffeine buzz I will most likely kill my self before we get to our first stop. You wouldn't want my death on your conscience for not giving me coffee would you?"

Poor thing, having parents forcing her to look into an education. Dary thought sarcastically, he turned to her with narrowed eyes, "Look girl I don't give a shit, wait or get out." He'd rather the latter, she was starting to annoy him with the way she rambled on.

His sharper tone didn't seem to have effect on the girl as she huffed. "When's your birthday?" she asked continuing to follow him around.

What the hell was wrong with this girl?

"I ain't telling you my damn birthday," he growled, "And stop following me around." But the girl didn't stop, infact she did the opposite. She talked, and bothered, and followed and annoyed doing everything y hated till he snapped. "January 17th now will ya shut the hell up."