1

Gon sat alone, legs dangling off the edge of a branch. It's...all gone. A tear rolled down his cheek, yet his face didn't show a single emotion. Everything he had ever known, had been ripped out from under him. Gon had shattered, and he was still trying to regather all the pieces. But they were scattered, and he couldn't find them all. Those were lost, and he'd never get them back again. Isn't it lovely, all alone. Heart made of glass a mind of stone. He didn't remember where he'd heard those words before, but they felt true. His mind was numb, his heart was shattered. What do I do now? He didn't know, his mind couldn't supply an answer. So he lay down on a comfortable tangle of branches, and closed his eyes. Hoping that just maybe, it was all a horrible, horrible, dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Aunt Mito! I'm back!" Gon said cheerily, opening the door. He had decided to come back home to whale island a few days after he and Killua separated, he'd just come home from selling some fish some weeks later. "Gon!" Aunt mito said from the kitchen, waving with a smile. "Hey aunt mito-" Then she gave him a stern look. "You better not have wandered off somewhere, where have you been for the last hour?" Ah. He'd been selling fish every day for the past two weeks, it usually took about 2 hours but today it was 3. Aunt mito had also started to get more protective over him when it came to stuff like that, the danger of the last year and a half really got to her. "It just went really long, there weren't as many people at the market today"

She smiled again. "Alright, did you get some spices for me?" Gon nodded, then went over and set the 5 bottles he'd bought down on the counter. Aunt Mito wrapped him in a hug and he hugged her back. "I'm just worried about you" He smiled back a little. "I'm 13 and a half now Aunt Mito, plus I passed the hunter's exam." She nodded, and then paused. Gon blinked, then Aunt Mito coughed a few times. He frowned slightly. "You alright?" She nodded and ruffled his hair a little. "I'm fine dear, go get grandma Abe for lunch" He nodded and released her from his hug, then bounced up the stairs to her room. "Grandma Abe!" He said cheerily. No answer. Gon blinked, then opened her bedroom door. She's...sleeping? But it's noon. Gon went over to her bed quietly, then gently shook her awake. "Grandma Abe?" She stirred a little, then opened her eyes. "Hmm? Gon?" Gon smiled. "Aunt Mito says it's time for lunch, why were you sleeping?" She sighed and sat up, smiling. "Just tired dear, a-" She cut off with a cough, which made Gon's eyes narrow a little. Aunt Mito had a cough too. He'd bring it up with her after lunch. Gon beamed and ran down the hallway, Grandma Abe following more slowly behind him.

"Hey Aunt Mito?" She looked up from the dishes that she was currently cleaning, lunch was over and he decided to mention it. "Yes Gon?" He rubbed the back of his head. "Do you feel...tired?" Aunt Mito blinked, then glanced over her shoulder at him. "A little, why?" He glanced to the stairs. "Grandma Abe had a cough too, when I went to get her for lunch she was sleeping. Maybe you guys have a cold or something?" Aunt Mito thought for a moment. "Perhaps" Gon came up beside her. You need rest if you're sick. "I can finish doing the dishes, you should rest. So you can get better!" He said, smiling bright. Aunt Mito sighed, smiling back. "That's very sweet of you but-" Gon gave her his best stern look, "I'll do it" She chuckled, then dried her hands and shut the sink off. "If you insist" yes! Aunt Mito went up the stairs to her own room and Gon turned the sink on, then washed what was left. It took about 20 minutes, when he was done he brought two glasses of water upstairs for Aunt Mito and grandma Abe.

The next morning, Gon went out to fish again. He spent about an hour fishing and gathered 5 trout, 3 Salmon, 4 Bass, and 2 Carp. With a total of 14 fish in his basket he went back to his house to check on Aunt Mito and grandma Abe. When he opened Grandma Abe's door, she was sleeping again. Gon decided not to wake her up, instead making his way to Aunt Mito's room. "Aunt Mito?" He opened her door slowly, then his eyes widened slightly when he saw her having a bad coughing fit. "Aunt Mito!" he was about to go over when she held up a hand. "G-Gon honey, you shouldn't come closer. I don't want you to get sick too." He bit his lip. "But-" She gave him a smile. "It'll be worse if all three of us get sick, go sell your fish alright?" He nodded, before closing the door again and walking back down the stairs. Usually he'd be bouncing a little but he was kind of worried. I hope Aunt Mito and grandma Abe get better soon.