Chapter 15

Unedited 12/10/2021

Kevin was at Jesreen's gate by 8:30 as promised to take her to work.
"Good morning, could not sleep last night?"
"Yes, although somehow it has not taken an ounce of your beauty."
"You are such a charmer."
"It's true."
"Thank you again for picking me up. Sorry for all the work I have been giving you."
"You are not giving me any work, I offered. If it was a problem, I would not offer it in the first place, so stop with all the thank Yous now.
"Ok, but at least allow me to buy you ice cream later."
"Ok, it's a date." Jesreen looked at him.
"Or...I mean we will... we will... later we will have ice cream."

Thank God they reach her workplace, and she went inside as quickly as she could. Kavin could knock himself in his head. He could not believe he was babbling away like that. She must be thinking that he was an idiot. How was he going to face her?

As much as she tried not to, Jesreen was starting to like Kevin. And the way he was behaving not long ago. Could he like her? No, she doesn't think so. He was just being kind and helping her out. As a welcome-to-community gesture.

She could not help but laugh at the reason she came up with for him helping her.

But he has such nice parents, they must teach him to be kind and helpful whenever he can.

She could not afford to like him, she has too much going on in her life. Her parents, the baby.

She has to do this by herself. She could not draw anyone in her drama, especially not someone as kind and sweet as Kavin. 'And this is the end of this conversation.' She told herself as she gets busy preparing the place for the 10:00 opening.

With Monday being one of the slower days at work, her workday finished quite uneventfully. When she was out at 3:15, Kevin was already there waiting on her.

  "Ready to go see your baby," Kevin asked.
Jesreen laughed nervously, thinking about the one in her belly.
  "You know only men name cars and call them a sweet name?"
  "No. Women do as well. Only they don't use sweet names. They use names like Fred and Gregory." Jesreen laughed even more.

Kevin was glad that she was laughing, he was also happy that she seems to forget his crazy behavior this morning. They chat and laugh as they drove to the mechanic shop.

Mr. Reid gave Jesreen a few pointers on how to keep her car in good driving condition. Also advised her to bring it in regularly for maintenance.

Jesreen let him know how much she appreciate his kindness and approximately half-hour after Jesreen drove out behind Kevin's car, both heading to Mr. Willy.

Jesreen was happy she could now move around without having to inconvenience Kevin.

  "Ice cream two days in a row, that can't be good for me."
  "Don't worry, I will let you know if you are putting on any pounds around the waist.

Jesreen was silent for a while, thinking that he will be seeing pounds around her waist soon.

They talked about the upcoming festival, her work, and his upcoming school among other things.

He was glad he will be attending school close to home; he will be home with every opportunity he gets. That way he won't miss his friends, especially Jesreen. That part he did not put in words.

This was the first time they were hanging out without the guys; they enjoyed each other's company so much that they lose track of the time.

When they noticed, they said their goodbyes and left in their separate cars.

A/N

This is a short chapter; I will make it up by ensuring that it's made up for by the next chapter.

The reads and votes are going up. Thank you, thank you.

When I was only a reader on Wattpad, I did not know how important voting for each character is until now I'm writing.

So, as long as you like a chapter, please vote. And comment. I love to know what my readers think about when reading my work.

Remember, please be safe out there ♥♥♥♥.

Wow. A long A/N, I'm finished now.