Chapter 6

Unedited 6/9/2021.

"Surprise!" Everyone jumped and shouted as they came through the door. The look on Kevin's face seems surprised. He hugged and kissed his mother, showing her with Thank you, letting her know how much he appreciates her. And the party started.

Kevin turned around to see Jesreen looking at them with a smile. His mother followed his eyes.
"Know her? She said Sammy invited her.",
"Yes, I do, I'm going over to say hi."
"Ok, your father and I are going to turn in now, you know the rules."
"Thank you for everything, we will be on good behavior," he kissed her.

All this time, he has not taken his eyes off the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. What has she done to him, why all of a sudden, his hands are sweaty, and he feels tongue-tied.

"Kevin, you ok?" His mother followed his eyes again.
"You like her?"
"Good night Mom."
She walked away smiling, she remembers when meeting his father, what it felt like. He had been the only man for her. He sometimes can be a handful, but she would not exchange him for any other man in the world.

Kevin took a step in her direction, hoping that he would not embarrass himself.
"Hey, glad you decided to come," he smiled at her.
"Well, I decided it would not hurt to come after all. You did a great job been surprised," she added.
"Thank you, I have got a lot of experience, it's on every year thing," he informed her with a solemn face. Jesreen could not help but laugh.

There goes that laugh again. For the first time, Kevin sees what her eyes look like when laughter reaches them. Without even thinking, Kevin vow to himself that he would do anything to keep her laughing.

"How long are you staying in town and who are you staying with if you don't mind me asking?" Kevin regretted that he pried. The instant he asked, her eyes became sad again.

"I will probably be around for some time." She paused as if she was thinking.
"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," Kevin told her.
"No, it's ok."
Jesreen thinks that sooner or later everyone will eventually know, and she knew Kevin longer than anyone in the town, which is not saying much. So, she went ahead and tell him that she lived by herself.

"You do, but you are so young." Kevin's eyes were full of concern.
"You are the one who moved into the Wilkins's house?" She nodded.
"I heard someone moved in," he seems to be thinking.
"It was a lady who bought the house last year, I thought she was the one who moved in. You are so young to be living on your own.
"I may be older than I look."
"How old are you, 16? 17?"
"A lady never reviles her age," she teases, trying to lighten the mood.

"Would you like something to drink?"
"Yes please, no alcohol."
"Sometimes, but I'm my designated driver."
"Ok." Kevin gets them both something to drink and then he took her around the room introducing her to his friends.

They hang around the guys for most of the night. Jesreen felt at home as if he knows them all her life. Deon was the talkative one, always putting you on the spot, always silently clanging you. She is the peace breaker.

Sammy is always there to come to the person's rescue. She and Deon are so different, but you can see they share a bond. Sammy is a peacemaker and always sees the best in others. She reminds Jesreen of her mother. Sammy is going to be a great mother someday.

Chris adores her, he does not allow a fly to pitch on her and she is equally protective of him. Jesreen hopes she will have a relationship like that someday, someday far away from now. Jenny and Johnny were the life of the party. You can't be bored around those two.

Bryan is always flirting with someone, always offering to get a drink for a beautiful girl. Always asking for a dance. Billy was the quiet one in the group, with no demands, no drama but his presence is always felt.

The guy could not be more different, but they all have a bond. It was easy to be around them. Everyone was enjoying the party. Nothing wild everyone just hanging out and chilling.

A/n
I'm excited to see my views and votes going up. I'm encouraged to hurry and get this book done. (Don't worry... I won't rush it and dilute the quality. Once more, thanks to everyone who give my book a chance... Continue to vote and don't be afraid to comment... Let me know what you think. ♥♥♥♥