chapter 3

is this falling by charlie bennet

"is this falling?
i dont know yet
it's too early to tell what you're thinking
or how i feel
but i like you"

you serious?

you thought, as konoha walked through the gym doors. you never expected him to be here.

at least this gives me a chance to beat him up.

you slowly walked towards the gym doors, ready to give a k.o. he seems as if he remembered something, and presents a white plastic bag. the wing spiker pulls a purple box of blueberry popsicles from the bag.

"i promised i would pay you back, right?" konoha hands you a popsicle, you still staring him down.

"thanks" you mumble, barely audible.

"hmm? repeat that for me?",he teases and you walk away.

for the rest of the practice, you and the other manager help the rest of them practice. being your first day as manager for fukurodani high school, yukie didn't let you do all of the hard work. as of now, the coach is talking to the team about plans for this year.

"hey y/n!" yukie walks over to you putting away the net. "do you need help with that?"

"yes please!"

she helps you bring the net into the storage room, keeping small talk as you guys walk. you ended up giving her your phone number.

yukie was really nice, and really pretty. whenever she talked about something exciting, her brown eyes light up and sparkle.

"oh, and also we have another manager. her name is kaori, she broke her leg recently, so she's not here."

"that's bad. i hope it heals fast," you smile.

after putting away the volleyball net you sit on the bench to take a quick rest before going home. soon after, a figure sits right near you on the bench. you glance beside you and see konoha before slowly sliding another spot over.

"still mad?" he teased. you don't respond. he slides closer to you on the gym bench. he takes the last popsicle out of the 5-pack box and hands it to you.

"thanks," you muttered again, taking the blueberry frozen treat out of his hand. you are usually nice, but then this dumbass showed up.

"how did you know i was coming here after school anyways?" you wondered aloud.

"that's what i was forgetting!" he fetches a small folded piece of paper out of his volleyball bag and gives it to you. you unfold the white paper to find your school schedule.

"when did you steal this?" you ask.

"i borrowed your schedule during math class when you were daydreaming. i didn't steal it. i can't believe you think so lowly of me. your welcome." he emphasized as you rolled your eyes.

"you literally stole from me before. you are so lucky you gave this popsicle to me."

later, you walked outside after packing all of your school items and saw bokuto and akaashi. again, bokuto looks sad and in a depressing mood. he was leaning on the brick wall outside of the gym, while akaashi speaks to him.

"-don't worry, bokuto-san." the setter tries to comfort the him. you walk up to the duo.

"what's wrong?l" you ask, directing your question mainly to akaashi, instead of the distraught player.

"bokuto-san is sad because coach revealed the starting lineup for our practice game with nekoma high school. bokuto starts in the back row, so he can't show off. that's weakness number 6?" he says, annoyed.

"wait, seriously?"

"yes, this happens a lot, as you saw from this morning."

you think of a way to cheer bokuto up. you remember the blueberry popsicle you were currently holding.

"here, you can have my popsicle." you smile as bokuto looks up at you. "oh, and don't worry, i heard recently people love looking the back row. especially at the beginning! i promise you will have all my attention during game time!"

"i am the greatest ace of all time, aren't i?" he cheers and takes the popsicle you offered to him. he walks away as if he had just won the lottery.

"thank you so much, y/n-san." akaashi says to you.

damn, i could not do this everyday. it's only been 8 hours, and he's had 2 full on breakdowns. poor akaashi, he does this like every day.

" it's good, and akaashi? just call me y/n!" you reply.

"alright. would you like us to walk home with you, y/n?"

"yes please."

the three of you start walking towards your neighborhood. bokuto is enjoying the frozen treat, while akaashi tells you about bokuto's occurring 'emo mode'. after the two of them leave you to walk home by yourself, you take your school schedule out of your pocket. you notice some writing at the bottom-left corner of the paper.

life without you is like a broken pencil... pointless

~konoha ;)