His features softened. I could tell he realized his mistake and he was regretting it now.

"You know what? I don't want your fucking help"I said and gathered my things to leave.

I caught a glimpse of his panicked face before turning around and walking to the front door. He followed me and just as I was about to open the door he put his hand on one side of me and held my wrist tightly with the other. He leaned close to me towering over me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

"Home. I don't want to see you" I said. I could see how hurt he was, but saying it probably hurt me more than him.

"You're not leaving until we talk it out"

"Didn't you say you didn't want to talk a few seconds ago?"

"I'm not letting you go" He said firmly and tightened his grip on my wrist.

The look on his face was so overwhelming, full of emotions I couldn't read, but I could see that panic was dominant.

"Stop that. You're hurting me" I admitted.

His eyes widened in shock and he took a step back, his hands falling to his sides, "I'm sorry"

"I'm leaving now" I said hoping he wouldn't try to stop me.

"No, please don't. I'm sorry, I promise you, I'll be better"

"I want to leave"

Did I really want to leave? I wanted to fix things with him but I thought leaving was necessary at that moment. He was clearly not in his right mind and I wasn't really either.

"Please don't. Let's not fight over a stupid text"

"I was worried all day. You never text me because you're too "busy" I just asked you to tell me you're okay"

"I didn't forget about you. I couldn't stop thinking about you all day. Nate will tell you the same thing"

He talked about me to his friend? I couldn't help but want to smile at that, but I didn't.

"I only forgot about the text because I wanted to get straight to work. I don't want to waste time"

"Maybe I overreacted about the text" I said and saw his face fill with hope, "I was just worried because of how exhausted you were and I shouldn't have made it such a big deal. I'm sorry for that" I said.

"You don't have to be sorry-"

"I'm not finished" I said holding out my hand and he nodded, "That doesn't change the fact that you acted like a complete asshole just now"

Sadness and regret took over his face again and he looked down, "I know and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"  He said and reached out to cup my face, but I took a step back.

"Maybe we should take a tiny break" I said afraid of his reaction.

"W-what?" He frowned, his hands were slightly trembling and for the first time I felt scared around him, "But we just got together"

"And this is already not working out" I sighed. I glanced at his hands quickly and then looked back at him.

He observed me for a few seconds, "You're scared" He pointed out.

"W-what? No" I said. I was half lying. I was scared, yes, but I knew deep down that he would never hurt me physically.

"Your body is tense. You keep glancing at my hands. You're slightly leaning your body away from me and your legs are pressed together. You're scared of me" He said coming to a conclusion. He looked as surprised as I was. I hadn't realized it was so obvious that I felt that way.