☆35☆ Vixen- Devil

Start from the beginning

My conscience mocked my existence. I felt purposeless. No one was to blame but me. But... What if not?

I stood up and strode to the basement where I had asked my men to tie up, Matthew. The dark room was silent only my hufty footsteps and Leo's light and lousy ones were heard. I scanned the room taking in every detail. The chair stood almost diagonally. The chains untampered with but the seal was cut. It was as simple as someone had freed Matthew.

Who the fuck...!

I strode back to my office. My muscles flexed as my fingers typed the security code. Anger was an understatement to what I was feeling. I would not spare the person behind what would be better termed as betrayal.

As I checked the security cameras, I cursed inaudibly. I looked all over the laptop screen but that did not change the identity of the person who had assisted my parent's murder to escape. This was infuriating in an ugly way. I felt my throat dry up and my desire for blood spill hype. My fingers inched to hurt someone. I craved to see the crimson liquid on my hands. It hurt. I was  desperate to evict anyone. Just anyone.

I sharply inhaled and exhaled.

"Find the exit, Leonardo!" I demanded. I sat down in the solace of darkness and lit a cigarette.

"I'll get even with you." I inhaled and exhaled just as a slight extension appeared at the corner of my lips.

" What would give me more pleasure than to oppress? It will keep me pure. I won't have to taint my hands scarlet. You'll rather cleanse them with your tears!"

____

"Louis Tor'i fresh from Africa. Too bad the botanical name is confidential. Hahaha. Welcome the artist." The master of ceremonies announced and the crowd applauded again.

"As usual, he wants to be the centre of attention. Absurd." Karmale thought out loud.

"And the botanical name?  Why is it always confidential? Why is everything with Louis always confidential? He is too young to be that secretive. I mean he never did mention it in school but even now! Strange."  She continued thinking out loud. It took her sometime to realize the lights were back on and Louis was now singing another song which he might have or not told the crowd that it was dedicated to her. He may like the spotlight buy he likes it for his Vanilla too.

People looked from Louis to Karmale and cooed in admiration.

"Oh my! Have been together since high school? Cause it's cute!"

"I know. But for Karmale's hot temper she would let what Louis did to her slide?"

"I don't know. Love is blind."

"Not with Karmale Hale Kane."

"Come on, Nina at least you can see that their outfits are almost similar. Some serious couple goals."

"Terrie, I can bet that Louis copied her. You know how immature he can be. I wish I was so close to Karmale. I would ask her everything."

"Yeah instead of assuming."

"Come on Terrie. We all know what Louis did to Karmale. Believe me, she would never take him in again. I'm certain."

"Does that explain their similar outfits? Come on, Nina. I'm even sure he is going to invite up so that they dance together and rock the stage like old times."

"She will refuse." Nina confidently said.

"She won't." Terrie argued.

All the while, the two women had been looking at Karmale as they talked about her. Karmale had not realised for her eyes were too busy criticising her ex- lover.