9♡»- Baking with Kita

Start from the beginning

His home was just as clean as before, if not even cleaner. You appreciated the effort he put in his decor and making sure the place was tidy. "Here are the ingredients that you wanted." You raised the bag. "Thank you, lets head to the kitchen." You follow him to the neat kitchen after taking off your shoes.

He handed you an apron and you wrapped it around your waist. "Kita, do you have a hair tie? I forgot mine." You curse yourself for forgetting to bring a hair tie. "I think I do, my sister left for college, and her stuff is still there." You were surprised to learn about his sister, he told you he had a little brother once but never told you about an older sister.

He came back shortly with a black hair tie but he didn't bother handing it to you. "Is it okay if I tie your hair? I have a good technique to make it stay in place."

You hesitate, you're still considering the idea but figured you had no problem with his offer. "Sure." Like the gentleman that he is, he was gentle and placed some distance between the both of you. You felt his soft hands comb through your hair, sending pleasant chills to your body.

His thumb brushed alongside your ears and the brief touch gave you a rush of heat. Kita was fully aware of your body's response to his quick touches, if your back wasn't turned then you would have noticed his distinct mischievous grin.

"Kita..." You murmur as he ties your hair into one last loop. "Is it too tight?"

"Not at all." You turn your body to him but kept your gaze down, feeling his sharp stare at your form. "Let's get to baking." Kita opened the cabinets to grab bowls and utensils, he gestures for you to stand beside him. "What are we making today?" You asked. "Red velvet cookies, is that fine with you?"

You nodded, you aren't picky with the choices as you weren't a baker yourself, you were just glad Kita knew what he was doing. "So uh, do you know how to bake?" Or at least, you thought he knew.

You couldn't help but chuckle when Kita sheepishly rubbed the back of his head while staring right back at you. "I thought you used to bake with your grandmother?" You smiled, taking the cookbook from his hands. "Yeah but I only helped with licking the bowl and mixing." He answered in a sort of childlike excitement causing your lips to curl into a smile.

Kita had stepped closer to read the book with you. "We're going to be fine." He tries to reassure you, but the comment is more to himself.

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

It wasn't fine.

The counter was scattered with all-purpose flour when it was accidentally knocked over when you were cutting it open with scissors. Kita wasn't doing as well either, he ended up setting the settings too high for the mixer and made a mess.

You two were laughing despite the huge mess in the kitchen. You desperately tried to help Kita wipe the counter but it only made the mess bigger. It didn't help that your cheeks had frosting. The Sticky sweet feeling was almost disgusting, but you laughed it off.

Struggling to keep his composure, Kita grabbed a tissue from a corner and lifted her chin slightly. He carefully wipes the pink frosting off of your puffed cheeks, not minding how you tensed up because of his touch and distance.

He was only a hair away from your face. Raising his gaze from your cheeks to your eyes, he stops in place just as you did.

The pause was long, but you just loved how his features look better up close. The way his eyes stare back at you with a particularly warm feeling, you loved it.

"Good day kids, oh my-"

You immediately pulled away from Kita, both from shock and embarrassment being caught. You see an old woman, you thought would be Kita's grandmother. "I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?"

You look away, Kita noticed your shift in manner. "It was nothing, welcome home, granny."

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

October 11, 2021

Thank you so much! I promise to keep improving thank you for reading this story. I appreciate it!