I stood and turned around to see two E.M.Ts pulling in a stretcher from behind them. They shoved me off to the side and lowered the stretcher. On the count of three, i watched the two E.M.Ts hoist my dad's lifeless body onto the stretcher.

Once strapped in, they approached the front door. One of the E.M.Ts approached me.

"Are you getting in the ambu--"

"Yes." I said without even letting him finish his sentence.

"Follow us then"

The memory is still fresh in my mind. I leaned forwards into my hands and sobbed at the reoccuring memory. Even though it occurred a couple of hours ago, it felt like eons ago.

"Hey." A broken, feminine voice spoke to me. I lift my head out of my hands to look up to see my sister Nicole. Thank God she was here. I stood up and gave her the biggest hug I could allow. She squeezed me right back. As we release, she looks up at me and says, "How's Dad?"

"I don't know yet. They haven't called my name. I've just been sitting here crying and worrying."

"Oh god, I'm sorry." Nicole says as she brings me back in for another hug. "I'm sorry I wasn't there, I had to work on getting the camp ready for this summer." She explains into my shoulder.

Our father runs and owns this summer camp called the Graceffa Teen Summer Camp. The camp is basically for any kid in high school or going into high school. We do all sorts of fun stuff, like hiking, canoeing, cookouts, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's kinda like the family heirloom. The only thing that kinda pissed me off was that Dad chose Nicole over me. But, I don't blame him. Nicole is older and she is more intelligent than I am. I'm smart, but she's a genius. It's not something that really bothers me anymore. Nicole has already told me that I could co-advise it or something.

I pull away from her. "It's okay, don't sweat it." I give her a weak smile.

"Graceffa?" I spin around toward the sound of my name to find a nurse in white peaking out from behind a door. She makes eye contact with me. "You can go in." The rest of her body appears out from the door and holds the door open for me. I heavily breath in and out slowly just to calm me down. I feel my sister's hand slip into mine, which calms me down even more. I look toward her and she gave a little smile and I smiled back.

"Ready?" She asks.

"As I'll ever be."

"Joey, I promise you'll be okay." she says, reassuringly.

I turn my head back in front and enter the door with my sister's hand in mine.

As I enter, I see Mom already at his bedside to comfort and support him. She looks at me and gives me a weak smile, but that smile goes away quickly and is replaced with small cries and tears down her face. I let go of Nicole's hand and move into the seat across from my mother on the other side of the bed. Then I look at Dad, and it's a very sad spectacle. His hair is all matted and sticking straight up, his skin is whiter than a ghost, and his breathing is shaky and slow. I try not to break into tears as I saw him. I turn to my Mom.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I ask, trying to fight back tears.

My mom gives no response. She just breaks into a huge sob and puts her hands to her face and slumps down into her chair.

Oh my God.

I look back toward my dad. I no longer fight the tears and I just let them run free along with my emotions. I look down and grab my dad's free hand. I squeezed his hand as hard as I could while brushing off tears with my other hand.

But all of a sudden, I feel a pressure from my non-tear-clearing hand.

He'd squeezed back.

I look at my father's face with hope. He sturred and opened his eyes. They fluttered around the room until the looked left and found me. He slightly turned his head to face me. He pulled his hand out from my mother's grasp and motioned me to come closer.

I was tearing up again. "What, Dad?"

He spoke in the most disgusting, low, and monotone voice. " Joey, I don't know how long I have, so just listen. In my written will, I have Nicole taking over the summer camp when I die. Well, I've changed my mind. When you turn eighteen, I want you to run the camp. I'm turning the rights over to you."

He coughed and gagged, but then spoke again. "You're a Graceffa. You can run that place with your hands tied behind your back."

He coughed even more violently. He then sputtered his last words: "I love you, son...I'm so..." He then suddenly fell back into his bed.

I then heard a monotone beep coming from one of the machines in the room. My eyes quickly darted and looked around the room to see the heart monitor. On the screen, it was just a solid greeen line. I looked back toward my dad and my eyes had hot tears running down them. My heart rate began to pick up again.

"DAD?!" I screamed.

"DAD! DAD WAKE UP!" I screamed again. I grabbed his arm this time and jostled it.

"NO! DAMN IT, NO NO NO!!!!" I screamed at him. I began to pound the side of his bed with great force.

A medical team arrived and quickly tore me away from his bedside, but I violently refused. I retorted and pushed my way back toward him.

"DAD WAKE UP!" I desperately screamed.

"Someone get the kid off of the patient!" The doctor screamed at one of his male nurses.

The nurse tore me off and held me back from him. I kept screaming and cying and tried to tear away from the nurse, but he was too strong.

A doctor yelled "CLEAR!" and put to static shockers to his chest. His lifeless body jumped with no response. They repeated it multiple times with no success and I just melted into a pile of depression and sadness and crying.

The doctor yelled one final "CLEAR!" before pumping his chest with a shit ton of voltage. I was still on the ground sobbing. Everything in the world seemed to have slowed down again. All I could hear are just echoes of voices. However, I do here one distinct voice of the head doctor.

"I'm sorry Graceffa's, but we did everything in our power."

My vision went black after that.
____________________________________
A/N: AGGGGHHHH SO SAD
Great way to start off a story, I know. We'll get to Troye and Connor soon, I promise!
ALSO, most of the time, I will display at the top who's point of view they story is in. But I won't for like the first 3 chapters, just for the sake of suspense.

COMMENT
FAVORITE
LOVE IT
Love you guys!
-Dylan