Chapter 85: Picking Up a Person

The ink bamboo on Xia Wanyuan's paper was thin and tall. Its branches were proud and snow-white, and it looked as if it was made up of a noble man's heroic spirit. It was not something to be trifled with.

A top-notch painting, the object in the painting, was a fusion of the artist's state of mind. From Xia Wanyuan's ink bamboo, one could clearly sense the integrity in her heart.

The signature was signed off with the words' Yuan Wanxia '.

Recommended for you

Elder Zhong happily took Xia Wanyuan's calligraphy and painting away. He wanted to take a look more, but he didn't.

It was almost noon. Madam Zhong had wanted to ask Xia Wanyuan to stay for lunch, but something had cropped up at the office.

Having never eaten at a university campus before, Xia Wanyuan ordered a meal in the canteen.

As she arrived early, most of the students had not ended their classes. There were very few people in the canteen. Xia Wanyuan sat in a cubicle in the corner of the canteen with a tray of food.

"I'm sorry, brothers. Back then, we were classmates. Everyone trusted me. We started our first step in this place. Now that the company has failed, everyone here will drink this glass of wine and treat it as a closure."

The cubicle was not very soundproof, so Xia Wanyuan could clearly hear the conversation in the private room next door.

"Brother Shen, if not for their power and influence, with your ability, how could you not win against them?!"

"Alright, they've already sued me in court. I won't be able to win the lawsuit. I sold the property, divided it into six parts, and transferred it to your account. In the future, find a stable job." The person who spoke seemed to be extremely depressed, and there was obvious fatigue in his voice.

"Brother Shen!" The others wanted to say something else, but they were stopped.

"Here, drink this."

The sound of glasses clinking could be heard. Even though the others were extremely reluctant, Brother Shen still resolutely chased everyone away.

Xia Wanyuan was forced to listen to the entire conversation. She slowly chewed on the food in her mouth. This person called Brother Shen was quite responsible.

In the private room next door, everyone left. Shen Qian leaned against the window and looked at the juniors coming and going on the school path.

Ten years ago, he was once the pride of this school.

At the beginning of his graduation, he gathered a group of ambitious classmates who had the same thoughts and set up their own company.

In the past ten years, he had not slept well almost every night and had spent all his energy and effort on the company.

Fortunately, his hard work had paid off. His company's performance rose steadily. As a new talent in the industry, his rise naturally attracted the attention of some established corporations.

The market was only so big, and his company's performance was getting bigger and bigger, which inevitably violated the interests of others.

During a recent bid, because of the land that he was bidding on, the company that competed with him had spent a lot of money to bribe his employees and steal the proposal.

They had even framed the accusation that the finance department was faking it and sued him in court.

The other party was rich and had made sufficient preparations. He had no means of retaliating.