Chapter 44: Boneless Painting

"You're the one who agreed to meet me?!"

Zhong Wei looked at this overly beautiful woman in disbelief.

"Yes, Elder Zhong. Thank you for liking my painting."

Xia Wanyuan was neither servile nor overbearing as she admitted rather graciously.

Li Nian, who was behind Elder Zhong, was shocked the moment she saw Xia Wanyuan. Wasn't this the woman on the WeChat profile picture that I contacted every day? Could it be that the Chinese arts master whom my mentor respected so much was actually such a beautiful and young woman?!

"That's incredible." Elder Zhong was not a person who doubted others' abilities because of their age. Otherwise, he would not have had a relationship with the barely adult Jun Shiling.

However, he took a look at the painting that Li Nian had brought back. He felt that he would not be able to draw it without at least thirty to forty years of foundation.

"I wonder if Miss Xia can give me a painting today?"

In the end, Elder Zhong still chose to start. Although he was not a professional, he had collected many collections over the years and had good eyesight. He could not believe that such an experienced brushstroke was drawn by such a young pair of hands.

"Of course." Xia Wanyuan could understand Elder Zhong's suspicions.

After all, strictly speaking, she had a few decades of extra time in her previous life.

Uncle Wang quickly got someone to prepare the inkstones and paper. Since it was inconvenient for Xia Wanyuan to move, Uncle Wang got someone to move the table onto the lawn.

Xia Wanyuan picked up a brush and began to apply it on the paper. It was as if she was just casually drawing two strokes, relaxed and at ease.

He had yet to see the contents of the painting, but seeing Xia Wanyuan's leisurely and relaxed temperament, Elder Zhong nodded. Painting did not have to be serious and proper, as if it was a battlefield.

Painting realm and one's state of mind were compatible. The more nervous one was, the more unsatisfactory one's works would be. For Xia Wanyuan to have such a temperament at such a young age had already impressed Elder Zhong.

To Elder Zhong's surprise, Xia Wanyuan did not draft the script. Instead, she dipped the brush in the paint and began to draw. Elder Zhong approached curiously and was instantly attracted.

Xia Wanyuan drew peach blossoms. She dipped the tip of her brush in ink and fused the ink, color, and water together. She then cleverly combined the strokes on the paper, emphasizing the meaning and following the strokes.

Soon, a peach blossom stained with dew appeared on the paper.

"Is this a long-lost boneless art?!"

Elder Zhong exclaimed in surprise.

The so-called boneless painting method was to directly use colors to draw the branches and dye the petals without any ink threads. It tested the painter's brush strength and the natural structure of objects, the influence of light colors, and so on. Compared to using ink threads to style the painting, it was closer to an objective reality and had a more realistic feeling. It was more suitable for actual painting.

However, such a painting method had been lost for a long time. Even if there were successive imitators, they would usually not be able to draw that artistic mood. Elder Zhong never expected to see it here.

Now, the way he looked at Xia Wanyuan was no longer suspicious. "Who did you learn from?"

"I didn't have a teacher. I guessed and thought about it myself." Xia Wanyuan put down her brush.