“A nightmare. Just a nightmare.” I didn’t want to worry him and I  ignored the throbbing pain in my knee and the faint one in my chest.

“Heather, you are bleeding.”

“Huh?”

He got up, carrying me with him and took me to the bathroom setting me down on the toilet. He got some white looking wipe and started to lift my shirt.

“I think I fell and hit the nightstan-Ow!” He pulled back the wipe and it was crimson red.

Damn nightstand.

“Sorry. It’s going to burn.”

When he was finished nursing me (((not the dirty context you all think ;)))) he said, “Heather, that was no nightmare. That was something worse.”

“It was nothing.”

“Kitten, please.” He gently grabbed my chin so I was looking into his eyes.

And boy, did I do something I never dreamed of doing. Maybe I was just sleepy.

But I leaned in and kissed him.

Not a burning, passionate kiss, just a quick 2 second kiss full on the lips. When I brought my face back, he looked absolutely shocked. Then his eyes darkened.

“Co-“but the crashing of his lips stopped my sentence.

Now this, this was a burning passionate kiss.

My eyes fluttered shut as it felt like my whole body was jelly, my mouth of fire as mine and Cole’s tongues were battling for dominance, which I let Cole win. I felt his hand tangles itself in my hair and one cupped my face. His tongue felt like fricken pleasure itself.

We broke apart when we couldn’t go anymore without air.

“Wow…” I whispered.

He was staring at me, his eyes still dark. God those eyes…

“Kitten is feisty.” Was all he said.

I punched his arm.

“What tim- it’s 6 AM! Ew” I said, seeing the clock on the wall in the room.

Cole chuckled and got up.

“I’m not going back to sleep.”

Cole’s face turned serious. “Tell me what happened.”

“Okay. Okay.” I sat on the bed and he sat by me.

I should have been worrying about what he will think of the nightmare, but all I kept thinking about was our kiss. And I couldn’t help the one question running through my mind.