6: Innocence

Tree's POV:

Bottle started laughing after I explained everything. "I didn't die, silly! I just fell asleep and had a weird dream!" She said innocently. I nodded, trying to reassure myself. "Yeah...you're right"

There was a knock at the door, and Bottle got up and answered it. "Hey- you shouldn't be getting up so quickly!" I said, but she didn't seem phased. Oh, right...she couldn't feel anything. Was that normal? I'd have to ask Golf Ball later...

She opened the door, and Pie was the first one to walk in. Following her was Pen and Remote, "Hey, Bottle- woah," Pen said, turning to me. "Should she really be walking around like that...? It looks really bad..."

I shrugged, "I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen. She says she can't feel it, though."

Pie walked up to Bottle, and pressed on the outside of the missing piece. Bottle giggled, "That tickles!"

"Huh...this should be really painful...I guess she really can't feel it." She lowered her hand, and Bottle sat back down on the bed. "Can we go outside now? This room is small!" She said excitedly. "Well, in your condition I'd say you should rest for a while longer." Remote replied, and we all nodded. She looked dissapointed, so I thought of a solution. "Well...if you really want to go, we should at least patch you up first."

Her eyes lit up, and everyone else looked at me like it was a bad idea. Maybe it was, but...I did want her to be happy. "Do you really think she should go? I mean...we don't even know what happened to her yet." Pie cautioned.

"Yes, we do. Bell attacked her." I said, pulling out a first-aid kit. I pulled out a roll of bandages and began wrapping it around Bottle's head. Luckily she wasn't bleeding, since she was empty, so the only reason I patched her up was so she didn't break further.

"Yes, I know that," Pie said back, sitting down on the floor. "But we don't know how she survived, or why Bell did that in the first place."

She was right. I never even thought of Bell beforehand...why would she do that? It came out of nowhere. "Yeah, but it can't hurt to go outside for a while. I mean, she's not going to stay in here forever!"

Pie shrugged, and I took that as a yes. I took Bottle's hand, and led her out the door. The rest of the team followed close behind as we walked down the stairs and out the front door. I spotted the rest of the team, and waved to them. They all started walking towards us, "Oh, no! Bottle, are you okay?" Pillow asked, and Bottle nodded. "Yeah! I'm great!"

"Great?" questioned Liy, "Are you sure you're great? I don't think that's the right word... I'd say more 'terrible' or 'in excruciating pain'."

"Actually, I do feel great!" Bottle said, smiling, "I don't get why everyone's so worried about me, I'm fine!" I didn't notice until then, but she was still holding the shard that was broken off of her. When I looked closer, I saw that she was gripping it so tightly her hand was bleeding. "Woah! Hey, Bottle! You're bleeding..."

She looked down, "Oh! I didn't even realize!"

She continued casually talking to the team, and her grip on the shard remained the same. "Here, give that to me. I'll have to patch up your hand as w-"

She interrupted me, "Oh, look! There's Saw! Let's go talk to her!" Before I could stop her, she was already half way across the field. "Saw? You've never even interacted..." I mumbled to myself.

"I wonder what she could be doing..." Pillow watched her, along with the rest of the team.

I turned around to face them, "I'm not sure...she's never shown interest in her befo-"

A scream.

A bloodcurdling scream was heard the second I took my eyes off of her.

The rest of the team stared behind me in shock, and I whipped my head around to see what had happened.

Bottle was holding the glass shard.

And Saw was on the floor.

Blood was everywhere.

Bottle had this grin on her face. It wasn't evil, or creepy in any way, it was just...her. It was a pure, innocent smile, like she really didn't see anything wrong with what she'd just done. I ran towards her and pushed her away from Saw, who was bleeding out on the grass. I knelt down beside her and held her hand tight, although I didn't know if it would mean anything coming from me. "Hey...you're going to be okay. Just breathe. Focus on me, okay? Look at me. It's okay." I tried to comfort her, but after looking at her wound I realized she wasn't going to make it.

The glass shard was sticking out of her chest, going straight through her and into the dirt below. Blood was gushing out of it. Her mouth was stained red from the blood she'd been coughing up. But still, I remained by her side. I remained by her side until she took her final breath. I didn't want to leave her there.

If I couldn't prevent her death, the least I could do was make it as peaceful as it could be.

"Wh...y...?" She choked out between sobs. As she tried to speak, blood splattered from her mouth. I fought back the tears I felt forming in my eyes and tried my best to keep her calm. "I...I don't know. I'm so sorry, Saw. If I had known that she...I-I never would've..." I took a shaky breath, trying to keep my composure. I didn't want her to panic. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

Her eyes shut slowly, like she was fighting consciousness. "It's alright...you can go...it'll be okay..."

"T...Tell Gaty I..."

"I...l-love her."

The tears I tried so hard to prevent came pouring like a waterfall. I held her close, close enough for her blade to scrape my side. She was digging into my bark, but I didn't care. I held her until I felt her heart stop. When she went limp in my arms, I looked up in front of me.

She was still there.

Bottle remained standing, with the exact same smile on her face.

"Huh? What's wrong, Tree? Why do you look so sad?" She asked. It was freaking me out...I really didn't like how she was acting.

"B...Bottle...W-What have you done? You...You killed her. I thought...I thought you wanted to prevent death. This isn't like you..."

She giggled, and started walking towards me. It wasn't an intimidating walk- more of a little skip, but...it almost made it more terrifying. "I was only having fun! What's the harm in that?"

"You can't be serious. YOU KILLED SOMEONE, BOTTLE! You...You murdered her! Why is this not a big deal to you? Of course there's harm in it...you stabbed her to death! I watched as she bled out...and I couldn't do anything about it! I...I thought I could trust you...I never, in a million years, thought you'd end up like this..."

The rest of the team was standing behind me, eyes fixated on Bottle. They were still in shock. I mean, why wouldn't they be? Our beloved team mate just... went insane. For no reason at all.

She only continued to giggle. There was no sign of regret, or remourse in her eyes. It was still an expression of joy and innocence.

But there was nothing innocent about her.

a/n: i found this fanfic years later LMAOO
im probably not going to be finishing it.. unless i find all the stuff i planned about it because i honestly dont remember a thing
but i found this chapter unpublished, so here u go!

i dont watch bfb anymore, and i definetly havent been in the osc since like 2021. but im definetly still proud of my works in it, so i might just come back. if not i make other content now for other things.