Chpt.17.3: The Perfect Match From Day One.

[Sorry if this ending is a little confusing.😅]

.-~*❤︎︎♡︎♥︎♡︎❤︎︎*~-.
[Alya's POV]

Ever since I moved into Francoise Dupont High School, Marinette was my first-ever friend there. Although I was the one who began this friendship, it was wonderful just to be recognized as Marinette's best friend. I never guessed this friendship may have gone this far though, I also never guessed that I would be the one wishing for this friendship to grow into something even greater. People say to not date your best friend because once you guys break up or get rejected, it'll hurt like you just got stabbed 100 times in the chest and resisted it but... I took that risk, I didn't care not a single bit.
Surely yes, it pained me when I broke up with Nino but over time I discovered that I love Marinette... with my entire soul, I also discovered that I think we may be soulmates and fate has put us on a path where it would lead us to another lover but would end up getting together anyways. Right here, right now, Marinette and I are together with so many hamsters. Where did I even begin with the names?! Haha, I couldn't say no to more hamsters with Marinette's puppy dog eyes, luckily I was able to say no after many times of saying yes, so for now we're stuck with 9 hamsters...yes 9. It may not seem a lot but for me, it is. This life I'm living right now doesn't feel real. I'm honestly loving this life. Especially with the love of my life, who is Marinette. I will always remember the day, the day when our relationship started, what an incredible day it was.

//

It seemed like time was ticking slower with each millisecond, I didn't want to know who Marinette will choose. Will she choose me, or anyone else besides me?! I mean Kagami is so charming and is the perfect combination of beauty and talent. Chloe is the mayor's daughter and would give Marinette a luxurious future. Not to mention that Zoe is also the mayor's daughter and may give Marinette both a luxurious and romantic future! Lila, well... she's out of the question. This is a pretty difficult competition, and I'm in it which means I'll surely lose. Yes, I may be Marinette's best friend and may know everything about her but it still doesn't change the fact that I may be a bad girlfriend! Like... I didn't feel like I was a good girlfriend to Nino when we were dating. What if the same thing happens with Marinette? I'll surely lose myself and mess up everything. Exactly what happened with Nino. I don't want that to happen again, I don't want to feel heartbreak again. I don't want to break another person's heart again. My whole world would shatter!
As Alya was busy overthinking, she hadn't noticed Marinette letting out a sigh, signaling that she had finally made her decision.

"Well, I have decided..."

By the time Marinette had spoken, Alya became a nervous wreck. Her eyes widen as her mind cleared from the negative thoughts she had been thinking.
Who will Marinette choose?
Was the thought that ran all around her head. Everything was in slow-motion, time was ticking slowly. At the same time, Alya wanted to know the answer but she was afraid that it may not be her and doesn't want to know the answer.

I don't want to know the answer...

Why am I in this situation...

I'm not ready for this...

I'm not ready for anything...

"Alya."

...that word...