HTSCF CH 012 Sing to survive should be easy, right?

Start from the beginning

'If that's not a death flag, I don't know what is.'

(A/N: In both Chinese and Japanese, the number "4" is pronounced the same way as "Death.")

Like it was his home he was strolling through, Jun casually strolled into the direction of their team base, Ezekiel following behind with a thoughtful expression. Each team knew where the other teams' bases were, and to make things interesting, sabotaging and stealing supplies wasn't exactly prohibited. As long as no one tried to kill another participant, pretty much anything was allowed.

Jun was thinking of skipping on the cave and just camping out. Along the way, he kept an eye out for potential prey. The food bars provided would maybe last a week if appropriately rationed, but why eat those when you could eat some real meat? Though he doubted his cooking skills, it was still worth a try.

After some time spent examining his surroundings and making a mental map of the area, Jun spotted a pheasant and shot it down in one go.

|Nice shooting as always, dearest Host!| System 00 gave Jun two thumbs up, and the sight of it in his mind almost made him walk into a tree. Jun wasn't sure where the thumbs came from but it was nice to have encouragement.

"You shoot so well, like an arrow right through my heart!"

Jun froze and shut his eyes, a shiver running down his entire body and he felt the air around him freeze over. Why did that cheesy, teeth-grinding way of talking sound so familiar? Was he being haunted?

"What's wrong?" Ezekiel asked, upon noticing Jun's strange behavior. It appeared Jun was the only one who heard that.

"Stop ignoring me. I know you can hear me."

Taking a deep breath, Jun opened his eyes and turned around to face the owner of the voice just to be flabbergast.

The one who spoke was a semi-transparent man, his head of black hair a little past his neck, but the most notable feature were those familiar golden eyes. Those same eyes were currently focused on Ezekiel with much contempt.

"What's wrong?" Ezekiel repeated.

The owner of the voice responded, "Who is this bastard? Wait, isn't he that pervert?"

|System, why can I see ghosts? Isn't that supposed to be the protagonist shou's thing?|

|... I don't know. Perhaps it has to do with your soul.|

|Hmm.|

"It's nothing," Jun said, then went to retrieve the pheasant he'd shot. Next, he would need to find a source of water to skin and clean the meat. One of the teams was next to a river so as long as he followed in their direction but stayed far away from them, he could find a camping spot for the night.

He continued to ignore the ghost following behind who kept calling out to him.

Sometime later, Jun found the river and chose a flat boulder close to the water to start the skinning process. The only problem was he couldn't suppress his disgust. The entire time his expression of revulsion was being live broadcasted by the camera bot, and some of the audience who were watching Team #4 couldn't help but laugh and comment.

Viewer #5856725: Poor boy, he looks like he's about to puke!

Viewer #2443646: I'm about to puke too.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow: He's got guts. Get it?

Mr. Right: The person upstairs, can you not?

Ezekiel couldn't watch anymore after he saw Jun's face go from white to green back to white for the nth time and took over the skinning process.

"Why don't you go collect some firewood instead?" He suggested. With a relieved expression, Jun gladly spirited away.