thirteen

╮hurt feelings╰

╮hurt feelings╰

Aubrey laughed loudly at the joke Averman had told as Guy tightly wrapped athletic tape around her shoulder. She thanked him as she stood up and slipped her arm back into the sleeve of her black compression shirt. She adjusted her leg and uniform pants as she stood from the bench and walked behind it when Connie sat down. She picked up Connie's brush from her locker and ran it through the girl's hair until the tangles were gone.

She handed the brush to Connie when Julie sat on the floor in front of her. She grabbed two hair ties and rolled one onto her wrist before handing one to Connie. She started to braid her hair, pausing every so often to laugh at a joke. She wrapped the hair tie around Connie's hair at the same time Connie did Julie's. She pushed Connie's braid over her shoulder as she briefly scanned the locker room.

"Do you have any bio freeze?" she asked Adam as she pushed a braid of her own over her shoulder.

"I don't but Averman does," Adam answered and motioned toward him. She nodded and hurried to his locker.

"Can I use your bio freeze?" Aubrey asked him and smiled when he nodded. She pushed her sleeve back and rubbed the bio freeze on the skin exposed around the athletic tape.

"Thanks," she said and pulled her sleeve down as she handed the bio freeze to him. She walked back to the bench she had Connie sit on and picked up her shoulder pads. She pulled them over her head and adjusted them against her chest as she slowly made her way across the locker room. She quickly stuck her arm in Dwayne's locker when he had turned the other way and sneakily grabbed the Ibuprofen bottle sitting beside his shoulder pads. Her eyes slowly widened when he turned around and spotted the bottle in her hand.

"I need this, Dwayne," she laughed as he grabbed the medication. "I'm trying to beat the hurt."

"I'll give you the hurt," Dwayne joked and gently pushed at her right shoulder. She pushed his arm and spun in a small circle away from him and ran to her locker between Dean and Fulton. She doubled over as Dwayne wrapped his arms around her to grab the bottle. She popped it open at her stomach, poured four into her hand, and closed it. She spun around, pressed the bottle to his chest, and pulled away.

"Here," she said and breathed heavily as her face flushed red. She opened the water bottle sitting in her locker and took a long drink. She dropped the Ibuprofen in her mouth and swallowed them before shoving the capped water into her locker. She looked between Dean and Fulton and frowned in confusion at the way they clenched their jaws.