ten

╮new kids on the block╰

"Tell me about my new kids," Bombay said and Aubrey squinted her eyes as the five players joining their team made their way onto the ice. She smiled brightly when she saw a girl with blonde hair in goalie gear and a red jersey at the front of the group of new recruits. She turned to Connie and repeatedly tapped her arm until she looked down at her.

"Look," Aubrey said and pointed at the girl in front of the recruits. "A new girl!"

"That's Luis Mendoza," Tibbles started before Connie could respond and pointed out a tan boy in a red and blue jersey. Aubrey watched as the other recruits skated to the side of the rink while Luis stayed in the middle and began skating around the arena. "He's from our Miami Club. A real speedster, incredible skater. I clocked him at one point nine seconds, blue line to blue line."

"He's pretty fast," Aubrey mentioned as she watched Luis speed across the ice in front of the goalpost.

"Good-lookin' skater," Connie mentioned and cut her eyes at Aubrey. They both nodded with small smirks before turning back to watch Luis.

"Very good-lookin'. What do you think, Guy?" Averman antagonized as he leaned between Connie and Guy.

"Shut up, Averman," Guy answered and elbowed him in the chest. Aubrey snickered and pressed her chin to her shoulder as Averman fell.

"He has one minor problem," Tibbles started and Aubrey looked up before cringing when Luis slammed into the boards. "Has a little trouble stopping."

"Yeah, no kidding," Aubrey whispered and scoffed quietly as she relaxed her stiff shoulders. She folded her hands in front of her and cracked her knuckles as the other recruits skated over to Luis.

"Are you okay?" they asked him as they began to help him to his feet. Aubrey slowly backed up before sidestepping and skating to Fulton while keeping her eyes on the new recruits.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I almost had it that time," Luis answered as he pulled his helmet off. Aubrey slipped behind Jesse as he, Goldberg, and Fulton laughed quietly. Aubrey fought a smile as she leaned back against Fulton. She smiled up at him when he slid his arm around her hip and pressed a hand to her stomach to pull her to him. He pressed a quick kiss to her temple and she blushed as she leaned her head back against his shoulder.

"Yee-haw!" a tall boy in a red jersey and a cowboy hat yelled in a thick country accent. He lifted his cowboy hat from his head and tossed it to the side as he raised his other hand which held his hockey helmet. "How is everyone? Y'all ready to play some puck?" he asked as he pulled his hockey helmet over his head.