“Good night, Elisha."

 “Night, Mom.I love you."

The older woman could not help but grin at her daughter’s muffled reply. Leaving the bathroom light on, she clicked the bedroom light off and silently closed the door.

*************

Bolting up on the bed, I looked around my room, confused and dazed. Terror slowly bubbled deep in my chest as I see how dark my room is.

Did Mom forget to leave my bathroom lights on?

 No, its impossible Mom would never forget that. She knew my fear of the dark and both my parents made sure that my room and our house were built to allow no darkness to seep in.

Swallowing the fear lodged in my throat, I tried to regulate my breathing as the cloying darkness surrounds me while I slowly inched my way out of the bed.

Freezing out when my feet touched something soft, warm and familiar , I turned around to look at it but I ended up falling out of the bed yet oddly enough I didn’t my body hit the carpeted floor.

Pulling myself up from the floor I finally noticed that my room is not that dark at all. It's as if the blindfold that blinded me a second ago disappeared and my eyes can now see the black and white world of the night.

My eyes roamed around my room, taking note on the vague shadows and shapes of my bedroom furniture as well as the shifting shadows of the night.

The world seems to shift around as I reeled back from fear and disbelief when my eyes landed on the bed..

Lying in the middle of the bed, sorrounded by dozen of pillows and tangled bedsheet, pulsating with some unexplainable light is my BODY!

Oh.My.God.

Several questions run simultaneously on my head.

 What happened?

 Where Am I?

 Why is my body glowing?

Am I dreaming?

 Am I still alive?

 And most importantly, am I dead?

The last question sends me into a panic mode.

Trembling with apprehension on what I am about to learn, I kneeled beside my ‘body’. It's really weird and disturbing as I look down on my motionless body.

‘Me’ lies unmoving in my bed and an unearthly glow seems to emanate from my 'body', lighting up the surrounding area of my bed. Reaching forward to check for ‘my’ pulse, I noticed something that made me freeze.

I can see my ‘body’ through my hand!

Looking down on myself, I can make out the thick comforter and the silk beddings of my bed underneath me. My blood ran cold and I shuddered involuntarily.

Swallowing my fear, I tentatively reached out towards my 'body’s' neck, sighing with hope when I can feel my 'body’s' strong even heartbeat.

Relief.

Knowing that my ‘body’ is still alive and breathing, the fear that I felt before was replaced by curiosity.

Curiosity of my surroundings, of why and how being outside your own body was even possible.

The darkness seems to lose its terrifying effect on me. Looking around my room, I noticed that even though it’s still dark inside my room, the furniture and everything has a faint glow in them but not as bright as my ‘body’.

And my usually brightly colored room seems to lose its usual lively color –well except if you call gray and black a color; my room is devoid of it.

Bringing my attention back down on my body, I realized that my body doesn’t only glow but it emits a faint purple light. It’s pretty cool to look at and yet baffling at the same time, as normal human bodies does not glow nor emit colored lights naturally but nothing beats the fact that I can see my own 'body' emitting that glow.

My family suddenly comes to my mind.

Are they alright?

Are they experiencing this baffling thing as well?

My God! What if Emily wakes up and undergoes the same thing I just experienced? She will surely be terrified by now!

Jumping out of my bed, I let out an involuntary shriek when I didn’t feel the carpet under my feet.

Looking down, I saw that I’m not actually standing but hovering a mere inch above the carpeted floor.

 Giggling softly to myself I tried to touch the floor by pointing out my toes but I end up hovering a bit higher, the tips of my toes are exactly an inch away from the floor. I'm levitating!

Hovering myself towards my bedroom door, I happened to pass by my window. The darkness outside attracting my attention.

Staring outside, I saw nothing but inky darkness unlike my room where everything seems to glow. The world outside my room looks like an endless black hole devoid of anything.

I’m about to hover back towards the door when a flash of red light caught my attention. Hovering back to the large window, I squinted at the tiny red dot that seems to sway from side to side in a harmonic dance.

 Soon another red light appears and another one and another one until there seems to be hundreds or thousands of them swaying out there in the darkness.

Putting my face up against the window pane and peering hard at the fascinating red lights, I tried my best to see where the light was coming from and that’s when I realize that the light seems to come nearer and nearer until I saw THEM.

They do not have any discernible features; all of them are just figures similar to the shadows that Mama and Papa often play with us. Darker than the darkness that surrounds them, they move forward, at the same time the red lights move forward.

Slowly backing away from the large window as the figures started to come nearer and nearer, I hovered backwards, never taking my eyes away from the swaying red lights.

The fear that I seem to forget a moment ago returns in a fury of thudding heartbeat. I then realizes that those things are not just coming nearer, they are floating towards me!

 My room is situated on the 3rd floor of our home and there is no way any human could do that. My throat constricts in terror when I fully grasp what those red lights are.

The figures are just several feet away from my window and those red lights are situated right in the middle of the figures supposed heads. God! Cyclops?!

*writer's time*

guys thank you for reading Recipe 1 of  my spell book (LOLs). I know its short but I just love to tease everyone up. Stay updated and a long as you guys are around, I will not stop cooking, creating and weaving magic spells for everyone.

If you like my work comment and vote for it.

It will inspire me to write more..

again.. a big THANK YOU!

-ivory XD