Chapter 18

ONE MONTH LATER

HARDIN POV

It's a busy morning in the gym and i'm fucking sweating my balls off, what is it with Friday's? Why does everyone wanna come to the gym on a fucking Friday? I ask myself as i sit in a gym, drenched in sweat with burning muscles from a hard workout. I think of Tessa and wonder how her last day at Vance is going, she was supposed to finish a week ago but wanted to show the new replacement around and help her settle in... typical Tess.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and wipe the steam off the screen with my shirt, even my damn phone is sweaty. I dial Tess' number.
"Hey, how's your last day going?" I ask, shocked she picked up on the second ring.
"Hey, it's fine, i'm just showing Laura where i've put everything in the office, i'm exhausted it's been a full on last week here" i can hear shuffling in the background.
"I told you that you should have told Vance to shove it and just left last week when you were supposed to, he take's the piss" she's worked her ass off at that place,
"Hardin, he's been good to me the least i could do was help him out before leaving" i hear laughter in her response.

"Yeah yeah, so what time shall i pick you up?" I ask.
"Erm so they are having leaving drinks for me afterwards" she replies, on edge. Does she think i'll be mad about it?
"Cool, i'll just pick you up when your done" i'm more than happy to let her enjoy a few drinks with her work friends, she deserves it after this past week.
"Or you could come too?"
"You want me to come?" I suppose Vance will be there and i know a few of the others too.
"Of course i do, you can meet me here and we'll go straight to Billie's" she says, typical of them to choose Billie's... a posh wine bar a few blocks away from Vance Publishing and it's full of pretentious assholes.

I head back to Tess... our appartment and hop straight in the shower, washing away the sticky layer of sweat from my body and hair. I've noticed such a difference since i started working out, not just physically but mentally to... unlike the old me i've found a healthy way to release any stress and tension, without flying off the handle at literally fucking anyone. Now i use a punching bag. It's better than someone's face...

Jesus this place is fucking freezing i think as i quickly dry off my soaking body and grab the nearest shirt and pair of jeans. I've got 10 minutes to get to Tessa before she wonders where the hell i am, i didn't realise the time and i don't want her leaving without me.

The traffic seems to be annoyingly slow as i drive through the city and when i finally pull up infront of the office building i see Tessa stood next to some guy in a suit... wait is that... is that fucking Trevor?
What the hell?
I haven't seen that douche bags face in a long time and i'm not particularly thrilled to see it now. Tessa see's me and i assume say's her goodbyes to Trevor before heading towards the car, but i can't tell.

"Hey" she say's as she opens the door and climbs in, pecking me on the cheek before fastening her seatbelt.
"Hey... what is Trevor doing here?" I ask.
"Oh he's been helping Vance out this week, he was just waiting with me until you came, he's coming to Billie's too..." i notice she doesn't look at me as she speaks. I guess this explains her worried response on the phone earlier. Truth is i couldn't give a shit about Trevor, i think me and Tess are in a good enough place now for him not to be a problem but why does she seem so worried?

"Did you tell him about us?" I ask as i take hold of her left hand.
"Yeah, he said he was happy for us" she turns to face me finally.
"Good. Were you worried about how i'd react?"
"No.. well kind of, it's just been a long time since you've seen him, since i've seen him and i know how much you dislike him" she runs her thumb along the top of my hand.
"Baby i don't care about Trevor, as long as he know's where he stands it's cool" i say and i mean it. I'm not overly taken on the idea of having drinks with the man who was practically in love with my Wife but i know Tessa only see's him as a friend, nothing more and never has.

When we get to Billie's it's heaving, there's women in short dresses sipping expensive cocktails probably married but eyeing up men in suit's drinking beers and chatting crap about the soccer on the big TV above the bar. I spot Vance, Kimberely, Trevor and a bunch of people who i assume Tessa's colleagues in a big booth at the other side of the room.

"I'll get us a drink, you head on over" i whisper in Tess' ear and place my hand on the small of her back turning her towards them.
I get her wine and myself a pepsi, i could have a beer, just one, let's face it i probably need it to get through this night but a pepsi will do since i'm driving and still don't fully trust myself with alcohol.

Tessa is sat in deep conversation with Kim and Vance is suprise suprise on the phone so i have no option but to stand next to Trevor... who clutches a glass of wine and keep's readjusting his glasses.
"So Trevor, what bring's you to New York?" I ask, not really caring but not being able to stand the awkward silence any longer.
"I've been helping Vance, i leave tomorrow" he coughs.
"And you didn't want to miss Tessa's last week" i wink at him.
"Erm well i err, i did want to say goodbye i guess , you know wish her luck and everything" god he's literally shit scared of me.

"I was messing with you Trevor, i know she'll appreciate it" i hold my pepsi up to clink against his wine glass, he eye's me suspiciously but does the same.
"Congratulations by the way, Tessa told me the two of you got Married and i have to say she seems very happy, both of you do" he says and then turns to one of the others, desperate to end this awkward as fuck conversation.

The hours pass by and i spend most of the evening talking to Vance and eyeing Tessa up at any opportunity. She look's incredibly sexy as always. She catches my eye and walk's over to me, carefully trying to keep steady on her feet, she must have had more wine's than i noticed.
"God you look amazing" she slurrs in my ear, falling against my chest, wine sloshing over the side of her glass and wetting my shirt.
"Are you drunk Mrs Scott?" I pull back, looking at her perfect face, every delicate feature visible under the light's.
"Oops i wet your shirt" she grabs it with her fist.
"It's okay" i kiss her cheek.
"Maybe we should go to the bathroom, dry it off" she winks at me, drinking what's left in her wine glass.

"Or we should go home" i take her hand, ready to leave.
"No let's go to the bathroom, come on" she drags me behind her towards the ladies room. Luckily there's no one in here i think as we burst through the door. She pushes her way into one of the stalls slamming the door behind us and locking it. I feel her grab my hair and crush her wet soft lips against mine.
"Tess, what are you doing?" I pull back, she's so drunk.
"I want you to fuck me, in here, now" she gasps. I feel my cock harden in my pants and i can't resist her. I sit down on the lid of the toilet and undo my jeans, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards me.

"Come here" i say and she straddles me immediately.  Her hand find's my dick and she begins moving it up and down, fast. I slide my hand up her skirt and shift her panties to the side, pushing a finger inside her. Her head tilts back in pleasure and her other hand grips the nape of my neck.
"That's so good" she says between heavy breaths and i nuzzle my head into her chest as i slide myself inside her.
"Ah baby you feel amazing" i say against her breasts. She rocks her hips against me, picking up the pace as i feel her tighten around me.

"Hardin...." She moans as we both reach our climax.
"Fuck, Tess" i release inside of her and our heads rest against one another as we attempt to catch our breath.