chaper nineteen ✕ ultimatum allies

[𝐚/𝐧: 𝐥𝐨𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐲𝐲. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬, 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰. 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞, 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲. 𝐛𝐮𝐭, 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡. 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲. 𝐛𝐮𝐭, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝟐𝟔𝟒𝟓 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐢 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝟏 𝐚𝐦, 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐲 :)]

 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝟐𝟔𝟒𝟓 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐢 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞�...

  The weapon feels heavy and unnatural in my hands as I pull it in preparation. Although the mansion ahead of me is in clear view, the vision of what to do is blurry.

  I weave carefully around trees and shrubs, keeping as out of sight as possible. From where I stand, I can't see anyone in the house and I hope no one can see me either. My main initiative is to look for an entrance, a discrete one that I won't be notice in.

Eventually, I find one, in the form of a cellar door around the back of the house. I listen closely, making sure no one is inside before gently pulling at the rust gnawed hinges of the doors. Careful not to let them creak, I step down the steep stairwell into the dark dingy basement, closing the door behind me.

I feel in the dark all along the walls for a light or another door, brushing past cobwebs and dust as I go.

Finally I touch the heavy handle of a steel door and listen once again. Silence greets me on the other side, so I pull the door. The hallway beyond is dimly lit, exposed wiring and pipes line the ceiling and walls. The only direction to go is left, so I carefully and quietly step down the hall towards a staircase that must lead into the main floor of the manor.

As I walk, an echoing crack sends a chill up my spin and my hands grip tighter around the gun in my hands. A deep laugh emits just after.

I move faster, making my way up the stairs and finally out into the dark main hall of the house. The laughter still surrounds me as I go. Light casts over the floor of the hall from another room and shadows move across it. I stop as the laughing does.