He looked at the sandwich. He was hungry. He hadn't eaten since they last feed him and most of that he gave to his pups.
But that was days ago.
His hand shook a little but he pretended to not see it and ate the sandwich in silence.

"So... you moved here with your family?" A girl with half her light brown hair died purple asked him. She looked vaguely familiar. Maybe he saw someone that looked like her before.
She was studying him while eating grapes that messed up her purple lipgloss. She was also wearing way to many necklaces.

"No."
"Than who do you live with?"
"Casey! You can't just ask things like that." An other girl hissed. She ignored her so Rohan decided he would answer her with one the answers Russel had drilled into him.

"I live in a group home. With foster family, you could call it." He didn't have to fake the vague Russian accent he had. He had lived most of his life in Russia and northern Europe. Russel had made up story's that he needed to tell curious humans. It explained why people came and went and why so many of them lived in one house.

Everyone was silent because they all wanted to hear his answers it seemed, he even felt eyes in his back from tables around them. It was a smal close knit town with a small school. Everybody must know everybody.
So three new boys coming to school would be the talk of the day.

"Ahhh... so how did you end up there?" She asked. Not bothered by the pointed looks her friends gave her. Seth and Robbie where both listing closely. Rohan didn't get why they were so bothered with her asking him questions. Its not like he cared.
"My parents died." That wasn't a lie.
His biological father, a rouge wolf was tortured and killed after impregnating his biological mother, a hunter who was executed after she gave birth to him.

"Oh... sorry." Her energy changed from bright orange to a dirty blue.
"Why?" He frowned trying to see why it would change just like that.
"What?" She seemed startled by his direct question.
"Why are you sorry?" He stared right into her eyes. Her black eyeliner was little uneven. One side was thicker than the other.
She blinked a couple of times and looked at her friends like they knew the answer.
"Uh... I am Sorry they died."

This made Rohan frown even more. He leaned back in his seat.
No one ever was sorry his parents died. They deserved it.
They knew what they were doing was wrong and they did it anyway. They were enemies. His father a filthy mutt and his mother a traitor.
And the other hunters always told him that he was nothing more than an halfbreed bastard thing that should die.

"Uhmm.... So Rohan!" Robbie said to draw the attention back to him.
"You got hobbies?" He asked. He seems unsure about his question. Like he wanted to ask something else but couldn't come up with something good.
Hobbies? Russel didn't tell him anything about those. What the fuck where hobbies!?
"No."
"Okay... so you like sports?" He tried.

"Hiking,"Rohan said. He finished the sandwich and rubbed his hands clean on his jeans,"hiking or running in the forest." He really liked the forest. Maybe that was a wolf thing. But it was also the only place that didn't suffocate him. No bad energy anywhere. Sometimes it was the only place he could really breath.

"Oh you like the forest? Well we got enough of that. I like running to. I make morning runs almost every morning. And I play soccer. You should join us sometimes. Do you know how to play soccer?"

Humans sure talked a lot. Rohan shook his head.
Robbie started to explain the entire game of soccer to him and gave him an extra bottle of water he had in his backpack.
Rohan drank it empty in a couple of seconds. Making Robbie blink confused a couple of times.

"You thirsty huh?"He asked with a weird sound to his voice.
Rohan could figure out why he changed color to the same dark blue the lady at the desk had gotten when he got spooked by the bell.
If the hunters would have seen that they would have used it against him.

He should not show these humans his weaknesses either. You could trust no one.
Everyone only ever had bad intentions anyway.
Even if they pretended to be nice like the girl, Seth and Robbie. It was only a matter of time before the colors changed and they turned on you to stab you in the back.

In the last class of the day Rohan wasn't paying attention and he wasn't pretending to either. He had laid his head on his arms and was staring out of the window.
Then Robbie suddenly coughed to get his attention.
The class was looking at him and the teacher didn't look to happy.
"Did you hear what I said mister Novik?"

"No."
The man sighed and pinched his nose between his fingers.
"The group project. We already made groups for this two weeks ago. Since you are new you will tag along with an other group. You won't be graded for it but I am expecting you to make an effort for it."

The young teacher sat down on the desk and looked around the class.
"Who would like to take Rohan is their group?"
Rohan didn't expect anyone to raise their hands. Neither did the teacher. They were both suprised when almost everyone raised a hand.

Yellow! Thanks for reading my story I hope you like it! Don't worry Alec and crew will be coming back into the story shortly !
Who likes Rohan so far? You think he is mean enough? 😂
Also yes sorry for the stupid cliche group project. I hate writing the cliches. Butttt don't worry it'll be short and cute!

Please vote, comment, follow , breath and have reasonably okay day !