•15

The next morning, the academy finally announced the death of.....Ai sakura.

A brave soul who sacrificed her life for her friends and family.

As soon as the news travelled to the resting natsume, disregarding his condition, he ran to her room, thankfully it was just down the hall of the floor he was in, with ruka and hotaru trailing behind him, mikan was still fast asleep after all that happened yesterday night, taking a toll on her body and mind, completely oblivious of what was going to happen next.

Natsume ran as fast as he could but stopped midway when he heard the doctors and narumi-sensie talking or arguing instead, the three hid and eavesdrop on them, but they wished they haven't, not after what they were about to hear.

"There must be a way! There has to be! She's just a little girl and yet to see the world! Please we can't give up!"

Narumi-sensie shouted, Failing to keep his concern in his heart and just blurted it all out.

"Narumi-sensie, we want to save her as much as the rest of you do, but.... there really..... is nothing we....can do"

One of them said, clenching their hands tight, they were ashame to call themselves doctors when they couldn't save one small fragile, kind hearted girl.

"The ice have already covered her whole heart.....from the start she already...give in...."

"The ice is going crazy, it isn't something that we can easily control"

"I can't say if we should be thankful or not.....With her ice alice she can end all of life on earth as we know it but she still used it even after knowing it's consequence.... She used her ice alice to save them because she knew that she will be gone before the ice gets any further than she intended"

" She did it on purpose.... She's a very smart girl"

"Yeah..... She is"

Narumi-sensie said with heart filled with grief and guilt.

"I'll let the other know about this....we should.....we should probably start planning for her.....funeral"

"No!!!"

All of them turned, shocked to see the three children listening into them, and by their looks, they already heard everything, eyes widen in Disbelief and horror, mouth clenched in anger.

Hotaru is usually expressionless but right now, all her emotions came flooding to her face, she doesn't know how she is going to tell this to mikan.

Natsume ran to them and gripped on of them by the collor, glaring at him.

"Tell me that what I just heard isn't true!!" He demanded, none of them uttered a word, not even narumi-sensie, He threw the guy and turned to Ai's hospital room.

Kicking the door down, even though everyone tried to stop him it was already too late.

On the bed, There laid a white haired girl.

Narumi-sensie walked in and put his hand on the shocked natsume.

"It's too late.....her hair already turned white because of her ice alice....her heart is already frozen....there is nothing we can do for her but.... Make sure that mikan got someone with her when she receives the news" he said, darkness all over his face, But not as much as dark as natsume's.

"Let's tell this to mikan--" narumi-sensie

"No.....We can't tell her yet!" natsume yelled out suddenly, refusing to accept the truth--even though it's right in front of him.

Narumi-sensie sense what needed to be done, he pushed hotaru and ruka out of the room to let natsume be alone with Ai--to let him say his goodbye.

Natsume with a dark face walked up to her bed, stopping when he was just right beside her bed.

"This isn't you....this isn't you at all......I know you.....your a fighter...your strong, kind, brave, soft hearted, gentle and smart.....this isn't you!! Your not an idiot to let yourself die just like this!!" He said as his voice started to go higher and higher until he was already shouting.

"Wake up!! Open your eyes!! You stubborn doll face!! Wake up and tell me your ok!!" He ordered, trashing around the room as he shouted those words.

After a few more moments of silence and him destroying everything in the room, he finally broke down beside her bed as he sobs her name over and over again.

"Wake....up" he said.

Tears streaming down his face, Helping himself up as he gazed one last time at the girl, holding one of her hand in his ever so gently until he finally leaned in and planting a soft kiss on her hand for a few seconds before pulling away and stepping back away from her, turning away, walking to the door.

He didn't notice the slight twitch in Ai's eyes and fingers..

The once dead flowers on the bedside table blossomed back to life as they regained their colors and beauty...