The More the Merrier

Jinsol said "We'll talk at school." She did not say "I'll say hi to you and be weird about literally everything else."

Jungeun sits miserably in her first period class. She was all ready for Jinsol to apologize for her outburst like she usually does and then things would at least look okay but no, she didn't quite do that. Jungeun said hello to her while the girl looked like she might shatter from any sudden movements, and all Jinsol said was "Hi. Sorry for yesterday... I'm not really in the mood to talk, sorry." And then look awkwardly back to their assigned book for class, of which Jinsol never opens before class. Yeah, that's not giving Jungeun good vibes. Well, at least Jinsol apologized this time. That's a step.

After class, still nothing. Jungeun is embarrassed to admit that for once, her attention wasn't on Sister Elizabeth's fantastic reading of whatever book they're going over at the time. And she means it, that woman is damn good at her job. But no, Jungeun was too focused on stupid, beautiful, terribly moody Jung Jinsol looking like she wants to invoke God's wrath on the world itself. Jinsol looked melancholic at the start of the first period, and Jungeun watched it turn into barely concealed anger. At who? Jungeun figures it's herself but... Jinsol wouldn't apologize or even text her beforehand if that were the case. For now, Jungeun is stuck wondering what's going on inside that beautiful blonde head of her enigma of a classmate as the blonde silently leaves class after packing up.. Friend? Not quite...Acquaintance, that works better for now.

-

While she isn't grateful for the universe giving her a terribly confusing attractive acquaintance, Jungeun is grateful for being gifted with many things to distract from said acquaintance.

Currently she's engaging in a favorite distraction and hobby: swimming.

In their gym classes, their teachers give them free roam of what they want to do, since the students are surprisingly well behaved and eager to do athletic activity. Jungeun's glad she's not alone in that eagerness. She's liked to swim since she was a kid, some of her most fond memories revolving around her and her mom driving out twenty minutes to the nearest public pool. When she was around 9, Jungeun's christmas present one year was a pool out in their yard. Not the brightest idea, seeing as baby Jungie almost froze to death after doing a cannonball in freezing weather. Still, best present ever. She was in the swim club in middle school, though Jungeun has a hesitation to join now. Lack of commitment she guesses. I'd rather hang with Jiwoo and Sooyoung after school. Or Jinsol... which seems impossible now.

Jungeun shakes her thoughts away, diving back into the water after a short break. She's trying to best her own record: 500m in 9 minutes, she thinks she'll go for 8 this time. The length of the school's pool is much longer than hers at home, it serves as the perfect place to improve on her skills. Her limbs glide seamlessly through the water, head tilting to the side every so often to take a breath as she powers through, muscles straining. There's no unnecessary thoughts here; only Jungeun and the water. It's the most freeing she can feel, and that's created a great love in her heart for the activity. After the laps are completed, Jungeun hoists herself out of the pool and sits on the edge, peering at her thankfully waterproof stopwatch. 8:26, damn it.

Usually, Jungeun finds herself with one or two other classmates in the pool at gym time. She suspects it's because most of her peers don't want the drama of getting changed, getting wet, drying off, and going back to school like there isn't a wet towel shoved in their locker. They're just weak. However, Jungeun perks up at the sound of footsteps hitting the wet tile next to her.

-
Haseul has found herself at the pool this time around in gym class, eyes immediately locking onto the person she wants to see. Kim Jungeun is hard at work, tearing through the water with the grace of a dolphin. Sure that's corny, but it's true. Haseul knows little to nothing about swimming, but she's sure that Jungeun's form is excellent. As Jungeun then rises out of the pool, Haseul's eyes rake over the younger girl's soaked body appreciatively, watching as Jungeun pants, her now dark brown hair clinging to her skin. She's awfully fit, how did I not notice before?