Lost

Jungeun knows she's a patient person. As patient as they come. Well, usually.

"She still hasn't responded. I don't even think she read it." Jungeun sulks as she lies back in her bed, defeated. It's four pm, one hour since school ended and nearly forty minutes since Jungeun texted Jinsol. Sooyoung sits on Jungeun's desk chair, texting away and scoffing at Jungeun's whining. Who knew Jinsol would be the one to mess up someone else's composure? Sooyoung puts her phone aside, opting to fling a stray pencil from Jungeun's desk at the girl on her bed, receiving a loud 'ow!' in response.

"You need to chill. She's probably praying or some shit, or she's in the shower, or literally anything else." Sooyoung asserts. Jungeun sits up, glaring at the taller girl. That pencil hurt.

"Are you sure she's not like telling God I need to perish or something?" The real concern in Jungeun's tone makes Sooyoung groan loudly. For a straight A student, Jungeun is an idiot.

"No, dummy, she's not doing that. Trust me, she wouldn't tell God anything bad about you." That's suspicious, Jungeun thinks.
"And what does that mean?" Jungeun narrows her eyes at the older girl. Her and Sooyoung then have a stare-off, the serious tone getting broken in five seconds when Sooyoung smirks as Jungeun starts to crack, soon laughing at nothing. Staring contests are never meant to be serious, after all. But still, did she mean Jinsol would never speak bad about Jungeun or anyone in general? Damn that Sooyoung and her cryptic words. Both perk up at Sooyoung's phone vibrating on the desk. Jungeun observes as Sooyoung reads the message, eyebrows furrowing.

Law and Order: Meet me at Sandy's in like half an hour. Got something to tell you about Jinsol. Bring Jungeun at your own risk.

Sooyoung contains any emotion as to not raise suspicion. She knows she probably shouldn't bring Jungeun, even if Haseul thinks it's optional. What did Jinsol's crazy ass do this time?

"What's up?" Jungeun inquires, head in her palm, looking at Sooyoung with wide owl eyes.

"Nothing, nosy." Sooyoung teases Jungeun, grinning at the younger girl's pout. She gets up, tugging on her jacket. "Just some boring shit, my sister wants me to go to the store for her." Jungeun nods, soon getting up to walk Sooyoung out. Minutes later she's back in her room, sulking. What could Jinsol be doing? She knows the girl has a life, but her anxiety is eating her up. She wasn't wrong in what she said, but she knows Jinsol's emotions are... delicate. She hopes this doesn't destroy their relationship. She may not be on the best terms with Jinsol, or even know her very well, but... she wants Jinsol in her life. As much as she wants to keep texting Jinsol, she won't. She'll just wait as patiently as she can. Jungeun turns her TV on in an attempt to quiet down her boisterous thoughts.

-

"So you're telling me that once again, Jinsol freaked the fuck out so much that she bust her hands open but this time she told you that she's in love with Jungeun?" Sooyoung's tone is incredulous as she sits across from Haseul at the diner, watching the younger girl shovel fries into her mouth at an impressive rate.

"Mhm," Haseul finishes her food before continuing. She's not a heathen after all. "But she said it in a very Jinsol way of 'oh God says I should love her so I love her' or whatever." Haseul and Sooyoung are both devout catholics and both very gay. So of course know one when they see one. They've had a feeling about Jinsol for years, even if the other girl won't say it outright. Haseul loves Jinsol very much, but that girl has got to sort out whatever issues she has in a healthier way. The bathroom scene nearly gave her a heart attack. Sooyoung rolls her eyes at the thought of Jinsol denying her crush on Jungeun even more than she has been.

"Of course she did," Sooyoung takes a sip of her vanilla milkshake. Good stuff. "But I will say that Jungeun isn't too much better. Well, she's better in the sense that she knows she's gay and doesn't have a panic attack at the thought of another woman," she steals one of Haseul's fries, popping it in her mouth much to the dismay of the other girl. "But she's an idiot," Haseul cringes at Sooyoung talking with her mouth full. Thankfully, the older girl swallows before continuing. "And thinks that Jinsol straight up hates her. I know religion can trip someone up, but she has got to know another lesbian when she sees one, especially one that obsesses over her every day of every week." Haseul nods at Sooyoung's words, sipping her iced tea. "And Jungeun still hasn't gotten a text back from her. I haven't either." Sooyoung and Haseul share a sigh at the thought of their misguided Romeo and Juliet.