Chapter 1 - ''I will kill you.''

Start from the beginning

Nate snorted. "You can't tell her either."

"I won't."

"Even if you get mad at me," he challenged, his eyes squiring and seeing her squint her eyes as well, studying him. It had happened before; she told his mother when he failed an exam because she was mad he had puked in her car when she picked him up from a party. The worse was that she lived away from them and had travelled six hours only to have puke smeared all over her seats—she had been livid.

Eventually, she slowly nodded her head. "Deal."

The relationship they had was much different than him and his mother. In all honestly, although Nate missed his mother, being around Aunt Judy was always a blast. They drank until dawn, could talk for hours and Aunt Judy was always at ease, stress free. Maybe it had to do with the fact that she wasn't married, at least that was what she always said.

He was certain they got along not only because they looked much more alike than between him and his mother, but also because they are both born the month of July, the middle of the summer where the sunshine blares every day. His mother was born the month of January, in the middle of the cold where the sunlight appears there maybe three minutes if they're lucky. Even though it was an exaggeration, he always said that and was certain that was why him and his mother barely ever saw eye to eye.

Well, maybe the fact that they were closer in age also had an influence but that was not something Aunt Judy ever shared. He had just turned eighteen a little over a month ago and Aunt Judy and his family never failed to provide him with alcohol whenever he asked. She was twenty-six, while her sister, his mother, Melle, was thirty seven. That was why Aunty Judy understood a few more things than Melle ever did—Melle merely yelled at him whenever she was bothered by a thing he did.

Even so, he did miss having them around, his mother and father.

"Have you talked to Melle?" Aunt Judy asked when she noticed the light in his eyes dim.

He shook his head. "The last time I spoke to them was two days ago, when they left for good." He hadn't been too pleasing to them either ever since they admitted they were moving, a thought that had crossed their minds ever since his father retired. A thought they failed to tell them until a week before they had to leave.

Judy shrugged her shoulders, pouring him another shot and pushing the BLT sandwich in his direction. After pouring her own, she lifted her glass and smirked. "On the count of three, we yell fuck them!"

"It's your sister and brother-in-law," Nate laughed, finally feeling awake as he pulled the shot closer.

She winked. "That's the fun in it. Ready, one two three..."

"Fuck them!" They both cheered before tilting their heads backwards and taking the shot.

***

Even though he would never admit it, Judy was hot and always considered hot. She had ginger curls that fell all the way to her lower back, right above her butt. She was slim, shrinking waist from all the corset training she had done, tanned legs that she toned in the gym since it was the only thing she was willing to workout.

Her clothes were always revealing, her shirt hanging low purposely to which Nate oftentimes pulled upwards when he saw it get a bit too low. What Nate found the cutest was that her dominant and pushy personality practically contradicted her five foot four height; she was short, tiny compared to him though.