31) "Jamie?"

Tupac

I aim my gun at the glass bottle, focusing on it.

I pull the trigger, glass shattering into the air and littering the tree stump it was on top of.

"I still got it." I say, looking down at my gun, the sunlight reflecting off of its gold surface. I sigh, sitting down in the lawn chair, looking around at the nature in my back yard.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the thug life. I love Adrienne, and I'm staying out the streets for her... but a nigga get bored sometimes.

It's nice to be normal.

But the thrill, the danger. That was normal for me.

There's something about the the bank hits and the killing, I can't keep my old life off my mind, and I hate the thought of niggas saying det I've gone soft.

Between that and my guilt about what happened with Jamie, I've been having back to back migraines and my thoughts are always scrambled. I'm tryna hold it together, to keep Dri from worrying, to show her that I've changed.

But the reality is, I haven't. I don't think I can.

I miss it.

"What are you doing out here?" I jump slightly as Adrienne approaches me, rubbing her arms with her hands. "Its too cold for you to be out here baby." She says, standing in front of me.

"Just messin around." I say, placing my gun in my lap. Her eyes narrow on it before she clears her throat. "You should come inside, DeVante is on the phone for you."

I look up at her before sinking further into the chair. "Tell him I'm busy."

"Pac. Are you okay? You've been like this for weeks. Let's talk about it." She says, placing my gun on the grass and sitting on my lap. I pull her against my chest, covering her arms with my jacket.

"You know I'm igh. Just tired." I say.

"Please don't lie to me." She pulls away from me, looking me in my eyes.

There's a silence between us. I'm not sure what to say. I study her face, the wrinkle in between her brows tells me she's worried, which is what I was trying to avoid.