17) "Or I'll do it for you."

Adrienne

When I wake up, Tupac isn't in bed.

I know he hasn't left though because his rolex is on the night stand.

"Tupac." I call his name sleepily as I get up from the bed. He doesn't answer, making me walk down the hall.

He's laying on the living room couch asleep, the TV is on.

I shake him gently, making his eyes open slowly. Tupac rubs his eyes before yawning and sitting up.

"Hey baby. Why are you in here and not in the bed?" I ask, sitting on the arm of the couch. He clears his throat. "I couldn't sleep at first and ian wanna wake you up, so I came in here and watched TV til I fell asleep." He says.

"Aww, you could've woke me up. We could've stayed up together." I say, he just smiles.

He scoots over and I sit next time him.

"What you got planned for today? Hanging with the boys?" I ask, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Nah. Actually.. Ima go talk to my mama."

I sit up, looking at him with wide eyes. He told me him and his mom haven't spoken in months. This must be why he couldn't sleep last night.

"Oh.." I say, not knowing what else to say, he doesn't seem excited about it.

"Yea. There was some miscommunication between her and my sister about me. So I needa clear that up." He says. I just nod slowly.

"So if this miscommunication hadn't happened.. You wouldnt be going to talk to her today?" I ask, as he stands up, he faces me, worry on his face, or maybe he's nervous.

"Probably not."

"She's your mom Lesane." I say, but he waves me off.

"I know."

~

After me And Tupac both get dressed, he kisses my cheek.

"Ima see you later." He says, before his eyes roam down my body. "Hol up. Where you finna go?" He asks, making me chuckle.

"Just out and about. No where specific." I smile, Before kissing his lips.

"Well stay out of trouble, and make sure you on time fa work." He says, I roll my eyes playfully.

I'm never late to work.

Tupac

I hesitate before knocking on the door.

Its been almost a year since I been at home. Nothings changed, same metal chairs on the porch, same chipped white window frames.

She ain't used none of that money I been sending.

When the door opens, my heart drops into my stomach, but its just Sek. I suck my teeth, before pulling the screen door open and walking in past her.

"You don't have to be rude." She says.

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you so shut up." I say, walking through the house, looking for my mama, but she's not here.

"She'll be here in like 20 minutes. She's at work." Sek calls out from the front room.

I go into my old bedroom.