9

so I tried to make this chapter saucy but as mentioned in the description, 

I'm not very good at this.

**

I always thought waking up early on a Sunday morning was the worst feeling ever. I couldn't possibly imagine ever being delighted to be out of bed at 6:57 with something to immediately smile about. Until today. I was grinning from ear to ear and I couldn't stop biting my lip as I read the text over and over again.

'Good morning, beautiful.'

I screaming into my pillow and giggled some more.

"Holy shit."

I probably read it wrong. I mean, these things don't just happen to me. Not when I've embarrassed myself in front of this one boy countless times. Not when every other girl in class has shamelessly flirted with him. And certainly not when they were all so gorgeous.

I was just sinking into my pillow, thinking of all the possible ways that this may not be reality. He's probably sent it to the wrong person, yeh.

I was almost about to lock my phone and go back to bed with I felt it vibrate in my hand again.

'you know I can tell when you ignore my texts, right?'

I had to text back now. I didn't exactly want the only guy who seemed the least bit interested to actually talk to me, to feel as though I didn't want them to be.

'You sure you got the right person?'

He replied a few seconds later with my name and I grinned again.  I realised I couldn't go back to bed because I was over excited about a damn text.

So I just got out of bed altogether.

Downstairs, mum was sitting on a recliner with her feet in a coffee table and the glowing screen of her phone, aluminising her face.

"Why are you up so early?" she muffled. She was in a floral night robe and her curls were tied on top of her head.

I sat down on the beanbag opposite her .

"No reason, but I had an early night."

She respond with a stifled breath and continued at her phone. I took a sip of the glass of water she had placed on the coffee table.

"Mal, we need to talk."

"About?" 

She ran her hands over her face and sat up. It took a few more elongated pauses before she spoke again.

"Your dad."

I think mum was expecting me to scream and run out of the room because she looked down at me and pressed her lips against each other.

I sat still without a change of expression.

"What... what about him?" Memories of the last time I saw my dad, flashed through my mind.

She watched me with awe as I supressed all my emotions inside. I dont know why the mention of him didn't bother me as much any more. I guess sometimes you just get tired of caring.

 She took another exaggerated sigh and rubbed her hands over my cheeks.

"Mally." On her lips, a pain stained smile. "You're so beautiful."

She looked as if she was about to cry and when the tear dropped down her left cheek I wiped it away, so it looked like it never even fell.

"It's not fair on you!" she slurred.