telling family!

*Jill and Joe tell their family members about baby Jacob! Thank you so much to joebidenloving for helping me write this! Enjoy!*

August 12th, 2021 - 6:00pm

Joe is sitting in a rocking chair, rocking Jacob to sleep after feeding him another bottle. Jill is taking a little nap, she is still very tired from everything that has happened today.

Joe hums the nursery rhyme Five Little Ducks to Jacob as Jacob falls asleep in his arms.

Jill begins to slowly wake up and she looks over and sees Joe with Jacob together, which melts her heart.

Joe then looks over and sees that Jill is awake, smiling ear to ear at her. Joe carefully puts Jacob down in his crib to sleep.

"Hello, beautiful. How was your nap?" Joe asks Jill as he kisses her a few times.

"It was heavenly, I needed some rest after today! It has been hectic and confusing to say the least." Jill says, caressing Joe's cheek with her thumb as she holds onto his face.

"It sure has been." Joe says kissing Jill's forehead.

"And you have been a trooper." Joe adds, smiling at Jill as he runs his hand through her blonde hair.

Joe and Jill hear Jacob coo in his little crib and they smile at each other, looking over to see if everything is alright with their baby boy.

"I still can't believe he is even real." Jill says and shakes her head and Joe smiles.

"Me either, Jilly. He is so perfect." Joe says with the biggest smile on his hand.

"It's so unbelievable and absolutely wonderful at the same time. I feel like I should have known, everything was so obvious with Ashley." Jill says with a sigh as she looks down at her hands.

"Don't feel like that, baby. Of course it was different this time around. You're older now, even though you don't look a day older then when we had Ashley. And these past few months have been a whirlwind of emotions and stress." Joe says, looking her firmly in the eyes.

"You are so sweet, Joey." Jill says as she kisses Joe a few times and Joe smiles.

"Jacob ate another bottle and I changed his diaper twice. He is such a good baby." Joe says Jill smiles.

"You are spoiling me rotten, honey." Jill says as she blushes at Joe.

"Let me spoil you rotten. I love spoiling you. After all, you have done so much for me over these past two years of campaigning and the election. You had a big surgery today, you need to be resting. I can take care of Jacob." Joe says as Jill smiles.

"I know, but I want him to know me too." Jill says softly to Joe.

"Jilly, he is a Mama's boy. He loves you so much. You two have such a bond already." Joe says and Jill blushes.

"I think we should call Hunt, Melissa, Hallie, Naomi, Little Hunt, Ashley, Howard, Finnegan, Naomi and Maisy." Jill says and Joe nods.

"And Val too. I may or may not have called Frank and Jimmy already. They won't tell everyone, don't worry." Joe says to Jill and she giggles.

"You are such a naughty boy, Joe." Jill says, winking at her husband.

"But of course we should call Val too. She is going to be mad we haven't called her already." Jill says to Joe and Joe laughs, reaching for his iPhone that is in his back pocket.