02 | Drop out?

"Hold on...

...just a little longer.."
☀︎︎

» Raeanna's PoV «

» | October tenth | «

A chilly October day.

Definitely chilly.

The amount of work that has been pressured on me to complete this whole assignment task... fuck me.

Tick. Tock.

"It has to be submitted in an hour, Rae-rae, you gotta hurry up with it." Flora gushed out, walking over to my desk.

I sat on the desk, trying to sort out the end of my assignment. With Flora rushing me and my head about to fall off, I was on the verge of tears... again.

Three years ago, I chose Aviation management for university. And now? I regret it... sometimes.

Flora plopped down beside me, trying to rush me, again. I wasn't getting anywhere.

"Okay, you look like you're about to start sobbing. Let's just take a break and... yeah, chill!" She smiles, pulling me up from the seat. "You said this is your last assignment before you drop out. Why are you stressing about it so much?"

Oh.

Right.

Drop out.

Well, you see. Three years of aviation management can make your mind up, more than four years of piled work. I had gotten in contact with my city's local airport and managed to get a job at the check-in desk, which I start at as soon as I get back.

Part of me wanting to do this course always dreamt of being a flight attendant. Sooner or later, I just stuck with ground staff... moving back was a harder decision before any of this.

"I can practically hear how loud your thoughts are; a penny for your thoughts?" She mumbles beside me after sitting me down on the bed.

I let out a deep exhale before pushing myself back to lay down. "I haven't been home in three years, Flora. I've had Arlo, Lucas, Grace, and Daniel come and visit me while I've been here, but not once have I been home."

She nods before jumping up and running over to the closet. I frown, sitting up on my elbows as I watch her rummage through my clothes, wondering what she's looking for.

I was surprised to see her pull out a pearly, white dress that ended just above my knee and had a plunging neckline which allowed just the right amount of skin to show. I tried on the dress once before and thinking back to it, the dress was the dress. This dress was the perfect fit for my middle-sized figure. My curves were highlighted by the fit.

"What are you doing, babe?"

Cutting me off, she threw the dress over at me. "Tonight is your last night here; we're going out"

I shake my head, pushing the dress off me as I completely sit back up, looking over at the woman in front of me - she has got to be kidding me.