Chapter 23

"Sara, I'm sorry, but the answer is no." Barry said after Sara had finished explaining the situation to him.

"Barry, I get that you don't want to see Thawne again." Sara said.

"It's not just that. You want to ask Thawne about how to find an artifact that can alter reality? He's caused enough trouble by messing with time. The cell he's locked up in won't keep him contained forever and I don't want to give him any ideas." Barry said.

"Where is he locked up anyways? Gideon couldn't find any location." Sara said.

"That's because it's not in any records in any computer file on the planet for this exact reason." Barry said.

"Barry, I need to find the spear of destiny and since Rip erased the location of the fragments from his memory, Thawne is the only person who knows how to find it. Or at least find the device that will allow us to find it." Sara said.

"Barry, we might as well let her talk to Thawne, otherwise, she'll just end up doing something crazy that ends with Thawne breaking out." Cisco said and right as Sara was about to argue with that, she thought about it and agreed.

"Fine, on one condition, I go too." Barry said and Sara nodded, since she'd expected this.

"So, where exactly are we going? I thought Thawne was being held in Iron Heights?" Sara asked.

"That was only temporary until we could figure out something a little more secure." Barry aid.

"And we did. As of two months ago, Thawne is now being held here." Cisco said as he pulled up schematics for some kind of facility.

"What is that?" Sara asked.

"That is Tartarus. It's a specially designed prison built underneath a mountain in Alaska. It's one of the most secure prisons ever built and it was built to only hold one criminal." Barry said.

"All of that security for Thawne?" Sara asked, since from what she could see, this place made Argus look like a kindergarten class in terms of security. Power dampeners on every floor, laser guided security systems, literally every kind of defense system she could imagine was there.

"Lyla agreed that Thawne was the only meta who was deemed dangerous enough to put there. He's kept in solitary confinement in this cell on the lowest level." Barry said.

"Are there any human personnel?" Sara asked.

"Completely automated thanks to some alien tech Lyla got from the DEO. The only people that know about it are in this room, along with Lyla, since it's technically an Argus facility." Barry said.

"I'm guessing that there aren't any controls in the facility?" Sara asked.

"It's all operated from here. We're not taking any chances." Barry said.

"So, how do we get there, since I'm guessing that running won't work." Sara said.

"It won't and Cisco can't breach us there either. The whole facility has an anti breach field on it." Barry said.

"Some technology I created based off tech from the collectors of Earth 19 of the old multiverse." Cisco said.

"And I'm guessing that someone can't just drive up there." Sara asked.

"Sara, I'm not going into all the security about the base, because it honestly sounds like you want to break him out and if you do that, well, let's just say you won't like where you end up." Barry said.

"You'll throw me in his cell if that happens, won't you?" Sara asked.

"No, because Oliver will kill me if I did. I'd strand you somewhere in the timeline and prevent the waverider from ever finding you." Barry said.