Chapter 13

"Where are you taking us, I thought that you were going to get us everything you had on Savage's daughter?" Sara asked.

"And I am." the rebel leader said as Cassandra appeared herself.

"Wait, what is she doing here at the rebel base?" Rip asked.

"You remember how I said that learning that her mother died because her father unleashed the Armageddon virus would be a good way to turn her against Savage? I said that because it already did. Cassandra learned the truth about her mother's death a few years ago and turned spy for the resistance. It's the only reason we've held out this long." the rebel leader said.

"Impressive." Rip admitted.

"Thank you, though I'm afraid that despite that, I have not been able to do much for the rebellion beyond helping them stay ahead of my father's plans and keeping him from detecting their base. For now anyways." Cassandra said.

"And I've told you that you can't help us if you're dead, since you may be Savage's daughter, but he will still kill you if he discovers that you've been working with us." the rebel leader said.

"Oh trust me, he already does, he likely just didn't do anything about it because he didn't see any point, since before now, it's not like the resistance had a real chance against him." Sara said.

"Fair point, plus he probably finds toying with me to be amusing. But what makes you think that you can turn the tide of the war against him, though honestly, it isn't a war as much as it is a struggle for survival." Cassandra asked.

"Well for starters, we brought better weapons and gear for the rebellion to use to give them a decent chance against Savage's forces." Sara said.

"And we are grateful for it." the rebel leader said.

"But more importantly, we have a way to depower your father and render him mortal." Rip said.

"Is that possible?" Cassandra asked.

"Yes, it's hard to explain, but it should work. But in order to do it, we need you to get us into your father's bunker." Sara said.

"That will not be easy. Especially if he knows that I'm working with the resistance." Cassandra said.

"Maybe, but it's worth the risk. We also have a plan to deal with his Leviathan weapon, since even after we kill Savage, we're not leaving while his forces still have access to that weapon, especially since it doesn't belong here." Sara said.

"What do you mean?" Cassandra asked.

"Okay, this might sound crazy, but the technology from your father's giant robot is actually from lightyears in the future, it doesn't belong in this time period and we work for an organization that specializes in fixing issues like that." Sara said.

"So you're time travelers. That explains a lot." the rebel leader said and Sara nodded.

"Yeah, but anyways, if you can get us into your father's bunker, we can handle the rest." Sara said and Cassandra nodded.

"Let me know when you're ready to go in and I'll do the rest." Cassandra said and Sara nodded.

"Actually, why don't you come back to the ship with us so you can actually help us plan this." Sara said, since honestly, she couldn't help the feeling that there was something else at play here. Her instincts were telling her that Cassandra needed a mind dump now, which meant that in all likelihood there was some kind of trap in play and even if there wasn't, it couldn't hurt to ensure that they had her loyalty.

"Okay then." Cassandra said, wondering why, since her offer was genuine, or at least, she thought it was.

"Let's go then." Sara said as she led them towards the ship.

As soon as Cassandra set foot on the Waverider, Sara's hunch was confirmed as she saw the look on her face change immediately.

"Ghareeb, it is time for you to die." Cassandra said as he lunged at Rip, only to be blocked by Sara.

"What is going on?" Rip asked.

"My best guess is that Savage brainwashed his own daughter as a contingency in case Rip ever showed up. A last ditch effort to kill him." Sara said as she pulled out her batons to engage Cassandra.

"Of course he did, because why would anything be easy?" Rip said.

"Go get the memory ring, we need to jog her mind now, maybe that will counter her programming. I'll hold her off for as long as I can." Sara said and Rip nodded as he headed towards the bridge where they were keeping the memory ring to find Snart and Rory waiting.

"What's going on?" Snart asked.

"Your part of the plan is no longer necessary, since it would appear that Ms. Savage came to her senses about her father on her own, however, he brainwashed her to kill me, but Sara's holding her off. We need to restore her memories now so that it will hopefully counter her programming." Rip said.

"Let's go. We'll see if we can help Sara." Snart said and Rip nodded as Snart tossed him the memory ring before all three of them ran towards the cargo hold where they found Sara effortlessly keeping Cassandra at bay.

"Sara." Rip said as he tossed the ring to her.

"Thanks." Sara said as she caught the ring and managed to press against Cassandra's arm, restoring her memories and breaking her programming.

"I'm going to kill my father. Thanks for the mental reboot." Cassandra said as she got to her feet after recovering.

"No problem, but remember, there is a line of people who want to kill your father." Sara said.

"Oh trust me, I have not forgotten and I'm willing to give the honor to the man who truly deserves it, Captain Hunter, as long as I get to be there when it happens." Cassandra said.

"Done." Rip agreed.

"Now, how exactly are you going to depower my father, since I'm guessing that you don't have a Hawk with you this time for some reason?" Cassandra asked.

"We have something better. John Constantine, a master of the mystic arts knows a spell that can depower anyone, including your father." Sara said.

"And you're sure it will work?" Cassandra asked.

"Considering the fact that in the old universe, we saw him use it to depower a shapeshifter, yeah, we're sure." Sara said and Cassandra nodded.

"Okay then. Let's get started. And I hope that you're ready, since while I'm glad that I came to my senses on my own in this universe, I don't want to give my father time to prepare for us." Cassandra said.

"Is Ray ready to combat the Leviathan?" Sara asked.

"Yeah, he's all set, just waiting for it to be deployed." Snart confirmed.

"Okay then, Cassandra, once you get us inside, get your father to deploy the weapon here and we'll handle the rest." Sara said and Cassandra nodded as they moved to put their plan into action.