Chapter 15

"Thank Captain Lance. Thanks to you and your crew, humanity finally has a chance to become free again." Cassandra said to Sara they walked through the rebel camp after the battle.

"It was our pleasure. I just wish we could stay and help you rebuild society from the ruins of what your father did." Sara said.

"I appreciate the offer, but we will endure. I know for a fact that large portions of my father's followers only did so because they were afraid of him. Now that he's dead, they, along with everyone else, can stop being afraid. The time of fear is over. And now, there is hope in the world again. A hope that we can rebuild into a better society. Besides, I imagine that the timeline needs someone to protect it." Cassandra said and Sara smiled.

"I guess that's true." Sara said.

"Besides, you and your team have done enough in taking care of the hard part, dealing with my father and his superweapon. The resistance can handle the rest." Cassandra said and Sara nodded.

"It was good to see you again Cassandra. Granted under the same circumstances as before, but still." Sara said.

"And just like before, the Legends' arrival is what was needed to turn the tide of this war. I hope that the next time we see each other, it will be under better circumstances." Cassandra said.

"Yeah, the Legends don't really return to time periods we've already visited unless we need to. I've found that if we do, we end up causing problems instead of solving them." Sara said and Cassandra smiled.

"Sometimes chaos is necessary. And there's bound to be plenty of that once the world discovers that my father is dead." Cassandra said and Sara nodded.

"Anyways, we'd better get out of here." Sara said and Cassandra nodded, right as they heard a flash of lightning and Sara turned to see Wally West standing there, panting.

"Geez, it took me forever to find you guys. I've been running through the speed force all over the timeline." Wally said.

"Wally, I see you got your speed back." Sara said.

"Yeah, and now that things have settled down in the present, I'm hoping your offer to rejoin the Legends is still good?" Wally asked and Sara nodded.

"We can always use a speedster in our ranks, especially since Barry is unavailable." Sara said.

"You know the Flash needs to stay in the 21st century. Kid Flash on the other hand, while I probably won't stay here forever, I feel like the Legends is where I need to be right now." Wally said.

"Great. Do you have any news from the present?" Sara asked.

"I do and I'll bring you guys up to speed back on the ship." Wally said and Sara nodded as she bid farewell to Cassandra before she and Wally headed back towards the rest of the Legends on the Waverider.

"Wally." Nate said as he clapped his friend on the back.

"Hey Nate. Good to see you again." Wally said with a grin.

"What brings you to 2166?" Nate asked.

"Well, I got my speed back and things have settled down in the present, so I was hoping that I could rejoin the team." Wally said.

"Which I've already approved, especially since now we only have to live on the ship when we're on a mission." Sara said.

"What do you mean?" Wally asked.

"In this universe, the Time Masters still exist, but we reformed them back to their true purpose, meaning that the Vanishing Point is still usable, so now we have an actual place to land this ship instead of just having it sit in the Temporal zone." Rip said.

"Nice. Anyways, I also came bearing news from 2013." Wally said.

"Like what?" Sara asked.

"Well for starters, Team Flash found Firestorm and restored their memories." Wally said.

"Which version of Firestorm?" Ray asked.

"Jax and Stein and Jax told me to tell you that as soon as Team Flash figures out a way to stabilize the matrix into his body, he'll be coming back to the team too, since he doesn't want to put in danger again, who sends his regards and requests that you guys come visit him soon." Wally said.

"Done and that is understandable. Anything else." Sara asked as Wally produced several envelopes.

"Barry and Iris are already engaged and Iris asked me to deliver these wedding invites to you, Ray, Snart and Rory, since you guys are the only Legends that they're really friends, the rest of you are more work acquaintances, no offense." Wally said, but the rest of the Legends just shrugged, because it was true.

"Well, Ava will definitely be coming to the wedding with me as my plus one." Sara said.

"Speaking of weddings, now that we're done dealing with Savage, Sara and I have an announcement to make." Ava said.

"Wait, are you guys?" Zari asked and Sara smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, we're engaged. I actually proposed to Ava right before we arrived in 2166 and we decided not to tell you guys beforehand since we wanted you to focus on the mission." Sara said and they all nodded.

"Do your parents know?" Ray asked, though that question was for Sara.

"No and that is why our next stop is 2013 anyways since I need to ask Laurel to be my maid of honor anyways, since she'd never forgive me if I didn't." Sara said.

"You're just happy she's alive to ask." Ray said.

"Very true. It'll even be worth hearing her tease me about it." Sara said.

"Any other updates from the present?" Nate asked Wally.

"Well, Barry took down Thawne and locked him up in Iron Heights, though Team Flash did start a betting pool on how long it'll be until he breaks out." Wally said.

"I want a piece of that action." Sara said and Mick and Snart both nodded in agreement.

"Also, Sara, you'll probably be interested in this, but before I left, I checked news reports and found out that Oliver killed Malcolm and this time made sure that he stayed dead." Wally said and Sara grinned.

"That's a relief, though I have to admit, I kind of wanted to do it myself." Sara said.

"Anyways, Sara before we go back to our time, can we maybe make a pit stop in 2039?" Ray asked.

"You want to recruit Nora don't you?" Sara asked.

"We could use her help, especially with Mallus, since no one knows him better than her." Ray said.

"Actually, I think we should use a different tactic with that." Constantine said.

"What do you mean?" Sara asked.

"What I mean is that this group is not exactly about changing history for selfish reasons, so maybe we should consider doing that again." Constantine said.

"What do you mean?" Sara asked.

"We change the variable that led to Nora becoming Mallus's vessel in the first place, the death of both her parents. We stop that and Nora never joins the Order in the first place." Constantine said.

"Wait, what are you saying?" Sara asked.

"I know you're gonna hate me for saying this Sara, but if we want to save Nora, then we have to redeem her father and the only way to do that is to restore his memories, since he made it clear that once he realized the cost of his twisted ambitions, he no longer wanted anything to do with them." Constantine said as they all looked at her.

"I'll think about it. In the meantime, Gideon, plot a course for Star City 2013." Sara said.

"Right away Captain." Gideon said.