Chapter 4

This is not Legends related, this is the result of the Iris Powers Poll and while it may not be what the majority wants, I have decided that Iris will become the speedster Impulse with purple lightning. I know some of you are concerned about there being too many speedsters, but, and here's a spoiler for Flash, but neither Wally or Jesse will be sticking around in Flash for long. You'll understand why soon enough.

"You're sure you weren't followed?" Zari Tarazi asked her younger brother Behrad as they met in a deserted alley in 2042 Seattle.

"No. Mama and Baba think I'm here for a job interview, they have no idea I'm actually meeting with my badass big sister." Behrad said as Zari smiled at him.

"I think you're the only member of our family who sees me that way. Mama, Baba and Adrianna think I'm just a criminal lowlife who stole the family totem, when it's my birthright, since I am the firstborn." Zari said as she looked down at her necklace, which was the only thing she had to her name.

"I'm surprised you haven't sold it." Behrad said.

"I'd never sell something this sacred. Besides, it's been put to better use over the past few years with me than it ever did collecting dust in Mama's jewelry cabinet." Zari said.

"Yeah, helping you stay one step ahead of the authorities that want to arrest you." Behrad said.

"Behrad, I am not a criminal." Zari said.

"I hate to tell you this Zari, but technically you are. You have been ever since you hooked up with Helix." Behrad reminded her.

"I know and while I don't regret my actions, since I was trying to make the world a better place, I do regret getting involved with them." Zari said.

"I'll say, considering the fact that it ruined your life." Behrad said.

"Sounds like I'll be doing you a favor." a new voice said and they turned to see a blonde woman standing in front of them.

"Zari Tarazi, I'm here for you." the woman said.

"I thought you said you weren't followed." Zari said.

"He wasn't. A friend tipped me off." the woman said.

"You're not taking me in without a fight." Zari said, however, before she could even reach for her totem, the woman had knocked Behrad out and had her restrained.

"Do it now J'onn." the woman said as a black man appeared out of nowhere.

"Do what? Let me go." Zari said as she struggled.

"Don't strain yourself Ms. Tarazi, this will make sense in a moment." the man said as he walked up to her and pressed his hand to her temple and as his eyes glowed red, Zari suddenly felt memories flood her mind, as if some kind of dam had been holding them back and the dam had been busted open. But now she recognized both of the people with her.

"Damn Sara. What took you so long?" Zari asked as she recovered.

"Sorry, just woke up in this universe a week ago and fortunately for you, my memories of you were restored and J'onn has restored the memories of Rip and Gideon." Sara said.

"That's a relief, because I need a way out of here. Now." Zari said.

"I know. Why do you think I picked you first. It's because while your family got a better future, you still got screwed." Sara said.

"Tell me about it. But what about Behrad? It sounds like he took my place on the Legends." Zari said.

"I'll leave that up to you." Sara said.