tattoos and scars.

Beams of sunlight sparkled across her room, it was late and they both knew they should be getting up, helping with party preparations or perfecting their looks. But all Miriana and Loki could manage to do was lay together, limbs tangled as they held onto each other in her bed.

"When did you get this?" Loki's voice was a low rasp, his fingers running over her collarbone, tracing the black ink.

"Years ago." She answered simply, vaguely.

His thumb drifted over the letters, the fine lines smudged and the word forgotten over time, his breath fanning over her neck, "Before you joined the team?" He asked softly.

Mirianas gaze remained distant, staring at the ceiling, her lips downturned in a natural frown. "Yeah."

A silence settled over the pair for a moment, before Loki braved the subject he'd been thinking of for a long time.

"What did you do, before the Avengers." He asked, still tracing across her skin.

Ana's jaw tightened, her hands coming together to twist at her rings, "I got this tattoo." She shrugged.

"Sounds eventful."

She turned her head to look at him, letting out a shaky breath, "You really wanna know?"

His brows twisted together, his hand shifting to push a tangled lock of hair behind her ear. "Only if you want to tell me." He answered truthfully.

Loki found himself wanting to know everything about the girl, about her past, her present, her future. He understood her, knew what she was thinking, what she meant when she spoke in her own strange language. But, if she allowed him, he wanted to know more, always more.

She stared into his eyes for a moment, the ice blue swirls that glittered in the sunlight, his smile soft and comforting.

Miriana wanted Loki to know, but she also feared it with every part of her being. She had already been through so much since meeting him that she feared letting him know of anything more might make him leave. She was damaged, bruised. He may have chosen to love her after one traumatic event but what if the rest were too much to handle.

Yet, when he looked at her the way he did so often, with patience and adoration. She believed he'd be with her until the end. So he should be aware of the beginning. Her beginning.

"I've lived a lot of lives." She spoke quietly, her head turning back to the ceiling. "It's all a little fuzzy. Like, I don't even think I had a childhood, I just- Woke up one day and I was an adult."

Loki took her hand in his, squeezing it gently when she shut her eyes tight.

"I discovered my abilities when I was... maybe eight? I-" She swallowed the lump in her throat. "I burnt some things, some people and- I ran."

Mirianas heart battered against her ribcage, she'd never spoken about this before, not with SHIELD not with Wanda, not even with Blanche.

"What about your family?" Loki asked.

She hesitated, "They're gone. They left, so I ran and I survived and I helped people and then I decided to stay in Sokovia for a few months and now I'm here." She finished, a broken smile tugged at her lips.

"And you got this tattoo." He smiled back.

The last thing Loki wanted to do was pressure her into saying anything she wasn't ready to speak about. He loved Miriana with his whole heart and when he saw her cracked facade and bloodshot eyes all he wanted to do was gut the person responsible. Make them suffer as much as they had made her. But if she didn't want to tell him about the cause of her teared up lash line, then he wouldn't pry for it.