snakes.

Ironically the Avengers family seemed to decrease in number over the major holidays; Clint would disappear, visiting the secret family that had only recently been discovered, Sam stayed in Louisiana with his sister, and with the added absence of Dr Banner, the atmosphere certainly changed, to say the least.

Loki and Miriana stepped into the busy kitchen hand in hand as they fought to bite back their grins.

"Hello ladies! Finally decided to join us?" Tony shifted around in his seat to look at them, a strange smile on his face that made it clear he had started the drinking early, his plate wiped clean of the countless stacks of pancakes he'd already devoured.

"Good morning Tony." Ana drawled, patting his shoulder as she continued with Loki in tow to grab her food.

"Merry Christmas lovebirds." Natasha teased, not expecting the shy smiles shared between them, Loki's hand drifting down to her waist. "Oh shit." She remarked to herself.

As conversation picked back up around the dining table, the pair were soon digging in to their meals. Their chairs close together, squished between a super soldier and a super man-spreader. They stayed quiet, their knees brushing together, stealing glances and hands grazing throughout.

"Ana." Wanda had appeared behind her chair, her hands planted on her friends shoulders.

"What's up?" Miriana asked, looking up at her.

The witch only gestured for her to follow, stepping into the silent hallway. Ana furrowed her brows, her hand hands drifting across Loki's shoulders as she moved past him.

"Tell me." Wanda said simply, attempting to bite back a beaming grin.

"Tell you what?" Miriana laughed through her words.

"What happened, why are you guys all..." She trailed off, moving her hands around as if she was explaining it perfectly.

"Between me and-"

"You and Loki yes! What happened?" She cut her off, almost jumping off the walls with excitement.

"Nothing." Miriana spoke quietly, failing at hiding her own smile.

"I'll find out." Wanda said, straight faced as crimson smoke began swirling around her chipped nail polish.

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

"Fine!" Ana admitted defeat, thinking it better to say it herself than let the witch see into her mind unsupervised.

"I told him that I love him." Her voice was small, her eyes glued to the floor.

A gasp was followed by a suffocating hug, Wanda's head buried into her friends shoulder, Ana reluctantly wrapped her own arms around her, a shy smile stretching across her face.

Wanda pulled back, her hands holding onto Ana's face, "He said it too?" Her eyes were wide, flitting between her hazel iris'.

"Yes, kind of a long time ago, but I finally said it back." She bit down on her lip.

She scrunched her nose, "I'm so glad!" She gushed, pulling her back into a warm embrace, "I'm so happy for you, and oh my god I really was right huh?"

Ana laughed at that, "Yeah, you told me so." She teased.

After some more hushed excitement, the pair stepped back into the kitchen, parting to find the men - android and god, more accurately - they love, with grins wide on their faces, just in time as everyone was clearing up to retreat to the common area, Tony's tipsy whining for gifts becoming unbearable to everyone.