beautiful.

The sun hung low in the sky by the time they arrived back at the compound, the pair had gotten distracted a few times on their walk back to the car and the dark November evening had snuck up on them.

Miriana wore a jacket Loki had conjured up for her when he noticed her shivering "Sorry it doesn't match your outfit, I don't wear much red." He had said bashfully.

They stayed seated in her Cadillac long after they parked in the cold garage, peaceful silence consuming them as they stared at each other, memorising one another's every detail, smiling as they thought back on the day.

"Today was good." Loki finally spoke up.

"So good." Ana's voice was raspy from the long day of talking and laughing.

"Very good." A smirk curled at his lips, his voice possibly even silkier than usual.

A beat of silence.

"We should go inside." He offered, at this point they'd been in the garage for a questionable amount of time.

"Yeah." Although she made no effort to move, instead she inspected the light greens of his eyes in this lighting, it was different than the green she saw in the cafe.

"Miriana." His smile widened, she rolled her eyes before moving to get out of the car, he soon followed.

"Here." He said softly, she rounded the car, standing in front of him.

"What's up?" She asked, her small voice echoing throughout the wide room.

He took a moment, looking at her as if he'd missed something earlier, "You look beautiful today, I don't think I told you that." He finally said, raising his hand to fix a loose curl behind her ear.

Her smile stretched even further, "Hmm, once when we got to Blanche's, a couple times during lunch and once again when you gave me this." She gestured to the oversized jacket she wore.

His lips pulled into a tight line as he glanced away, "Alright then, you look extra beautiful now, is that allowed?" He teased, raising his brows at her before stepping away.

She took his hand, pulling him back to her, "You are allowed to call me beautiful as much as you please." She intertwined their fingers as he looked down at her.

With his free hand he ever so gently gripped her chin, his eyes fell to her lips for just a second as he once again searched her face. He opened his mouth for some quip but nothing would escape his lips.

The lighting of the garage was harsh but far off and under it Loki felt as though Miriana looked positively ethereal. A thousand butterflies erupted through his chest as she looked up at him, her wide eyes sparkled and her cheeks were rosy with the cold. Her hair that was earlier tied neatly into pigtails, was now its usual tangled mess from the speedy car ride, and the skin that still showed under his jacket was prickled with goosebumps.

"Its scary when you look at me like that." Her shaky, quiet voice brought him back to reality.

"I don't know how else to look at you." His hand slid along her jaw, his fingers landing in her hair.

"Kiss me." Her voice was breathless, and her words took them both by surprise.

"What?"

"Please."

A second later their lips landed together, she brought her hand up to hold his face as they moved gently in sync. Miriana smiled against his lips as his hair fell to tickle her face, she separated their entwined fingers to tuck the lock back before pulling his face impossibly closer to hers, tilting her head to deepen the kiss.

Loki still felt hesitant, he let her take the lead just in case she decided it was a mistake, his hand ghosted along her waist, his other keeping its place tangled in her hair. He couldn't be sure she wanted this but he made sure to savour it anyway; her soft lips against his, her cold fingers finding their way into his hair as the other hand stroked across his jawline.

After what felt like hours they pulled away, lips left kiss-stained and rosy. Ana's hands fell to his chest as it rose and fell with deep breaths, their eyes met in a swirl, Loki fought to hide his worry as he searched for the regret he expected to find in her eyes. There wasn't any. A smile was stretched across her face as she looked at him with as much of the adoration he sent her way as she could muster.

"We should go inside." Her voice was almost swallowed up by the silence.

"Yes." His was unsure.

They made their way out of the garage, Ana pulled the jacket tighter around herself before reaching for his hand, then they went about the rest of their day together. Although they didn't speak of it again the kiss stayed on their minds.

~~

It was late by the time the pair were collapsing into bed, and although the day had left a swirl of questions in both of their minds, they didn't hesitate to hold each other close as they drifted into sleep.

"Loki?" Ana whispered, his chest vibrated with a hum, she lifted her head slightly to see his eyes shut, "Are you awake?" She whispered. No response."Good." She put her head back down, taking a deep breath.

Staring at the wall, listening to his heart beat softly, she continued with her whispers. "You're a confusing guy, I think you know that. I hated you but now.. I- God, I think I love you Loki. I probably shouldn't- it's probably dumb but... You make it so difficult not to. I could sit here all night talking about why but then if you're actually awake and listening I'd feel even worse. I mean you definitely shouldn't be listening right now I'd be- that would suck." She squeezed her eyes shut, you're an idiot Ana she thought to herself.

Hugging him even closer Ana soon fell asleep as well, her mind racing with the confession.

~~

I so almost made him a pick me boy there 😩😩 had to reel it in a tad.

anyways,, this is so exciting !! its also v funny to me that for chapter 20 of In Love on Fire they were getting (spoiler) engaged and for chapter 20 of this they've only just kissed 🧍🏼

I decided to split this from the last one so it wasn't SO much for one thing so I hope it still has the same,, impact (?)

<3