Chapter 10

When (Name) took a step in the airship, she instantly dashed towards where the kitchen is at and stole a whole bunch of dishes. "Where did all of the food go?!" A chef from the kitchen shouted very loudly.

(Name) snickered in victory as she ran through the hallways with the stolen dishes, 'Perks of being a thief and having Nen! Haha!' She went in a  room that apparently had no one on there to eat all of her food. Sleeping in a hole underground was dope, but she really couldn't go days without eating unlike Illumi.

'Maybe Illumi ate the worms..?'

"I have an announcement for all applicants." A speaker started. (Name) munched on her food and perked up. "The chairman wishes to interview the remaining candidates." (Name) tilted her head unconsciously, taking a large bite of a chicken.

'Chairman? Who? Was it the old man that appeared like two times before?' She shrugged and focused back on eating, whilst listening to the speaker. "When your number is called, please come to the first reception on the second floor."

(Name) thoughtfully nodded, still munching on her food. "Then we will start with #44, Hisoka-sama." At just the mention of his name, she was immediately pissed. She had lost her appetite. But her stomach was still hurting from the lack of food, so she took another bite agrressively.

---

"You may take a seat." (Name) walked in the supposedly interview room after finishing all of the dishes she stole. (Name) took a seat on a pillow, and offered the Chairman a bored look. She tilted her head at him, as he grabbed a notebook and a pencil.

"Alright, I will be asking you questions. But first, how old are you?"

"Twelve."

",Really?" (Name) sweat-dropped, the type smile that would fool anyone looking at her on her face. "Yeah, I'm twelve." The Chairman raised an eyebrow, resulting (Name) into sweat-dropping more. She gave him a closed-eyes smile and raised her pointy finger a little, "U-Uh, I have a question,"

Chairman nodded and smiled, "What is it?"

"You won't immediately kick applicants that's already this far into the Hunter Exam just because they're under twelve years old right? I-I'm just asking this out of curiosity." Chairman let out a brief chuckle, "I suppose since they had came this far, it wouldn't be fair to kick them out."

The (h/c) haired girl perked up, "Oh, then I'm ten." The gramps nodded and wrote something on his notebook. "Alright, onto the questions. First, why do you want to become a Hunter?"

(Name) pondered a bit and shrugged, "One of my friends is a Hunter and it seems fun, but I joined the exam mostly because after getting my Hunter License, I wouldn't get punished if I murder someone, right?" The gramps santa-laughed.

"Ah, now, next question, which of the other nine applicants are you keeping an eye on?"

"Hmm.. #405!" She didn't really reveal the reason why to the Chairman, but, the reason is because well, if it wasn't obvious enough, she wants to be friends with Gon, of course. She was also keeping an eye on Kurapika, seeing his hatred for the spiders earlier meant she should be wary of him, also because Kurapika was honestly a nice person and she would like to talk to him more often but that wasn't really important. She didn't say it though, mostly because she forgot what Kurapika's number was.

"Okay, one last question. Which one of the nine do you least want to fight?"

"#44 and #301." 'Yeah, hate to admit it but the clown is definitely stronger than me.'

Somewhere in the airship, someone who was building up a card tower sneezed slightly. The gramps hummed, "I see. You're excused, thank you." (Name) copied his hum and walked out of the room.