Eighth Wonder [Slimecicle/Quackity]

Quackity asked Charlie to see what Wilbur was up to in sense of what was Wilbur planning to do to Las Nevadas and himself. Charlie can sneak around easily (he’s literal slime,) and either way he is neutral with Wilbur and on good terms in Wilbur’s eyes.

That was getting used to the advantage.

Quackity and Charlie had earpieces to speak with and hear each other as long as Charlie was in a safe position to do so. So if Charlie couldn’t say something flat out because Wilbur is there, Quackity can still hear what’s going on. And if he were to add something in, as long as Charlie doesn’t blow his cover Wilbur would never know they were there.

Even if he did, he could blame it on anything random. Charlie’s good at that.

Charlie was getting into Wilbur’s place right now. Charlie, in the form of a small slime blob, was managing to get inside. After a moment of silence and looking around for safety and cover, he realised Wilbur wasn’t home yet.

“I’m in and alone, Quackity from Las Nevadas!” Charlie quietly yelled.

“Good job, Charlie.. What do you see? Any planning paper? Blueprints?”

Charlie went quiet for a minute, humming as he searched the surrounding area. He was still being quite cautious, which Quackity was quite grateful for.

“Nothing of Las Nevadas, sir! There’s blueprints of this van thing, and L’manburg.”

“Can you take a photo of those blueprints?”

“Do we need them?”

“Yeah…. Yeah we do, it’ll be good to know.”

Charlie did what he was told, taking clear photos of the blueprints for Wilbur’s projects. He put his phone away, and smiled to himself. He was mumbling to seemingly nobody as he started turning back into his slime form.

“I am a freak,” he paused, giggling like a child. Then he saw something quite shiny underneath Wilbur’s bed. “Hello~?” He smiled, with his lips tugging prevalent in his voice, and carefully went over, going back into his body form instead of a piece of slime.

He reached over carefully, and pulled out the shiny object from under the bed. He stayed deadly silent as he even held his breath to go the extra measure. Then he saw it. An enchanted netherite sword lay in an open-faced box, glowing on display.

Charlie checked the stats.

And holy shit was it over-powered.

One hit does 70 attack damage. That would kill a man 3 times over- this would cause a massacre. 

“Charlie? Slime? You there?” Quackity spoke through the headset, and some worry lacing his voice. Quackity knew if Wilbur showed, Charlie wouldn’t be able to reply. But Wilbur wasn’t supposed to be home for another 30 minutes. He was baking with Niki, he was eavesdropping and found that out, so why was Charlie deadly quiet?

“I’m here….”

“Are you alright, Slime?”

“Yeah… There’s a sword here..”

“So..? People have swords everywh-”

“A netherite enchanted…. 70 attack damage….”

That made Quackity go silent. What the hell was he doing with that and what was he going to do?

“Put.. Put it back for now. I’ll make a decoy at one point and when that happens you’ll go back and switch it out. Get out of there, eighth wonder...”

Quackity used the nickname he gave Charlie when they had first met. ‘Eighth Wonder.’ He called the brunette that because of his nature. Not really the best explanation but it just seemed to fit Charlie Slimecicle.

Charlie carefully slid the open-faced box back under the bed. He turned into his slime form and started scaling up the wall to a hole.

Then Wilbur walked in. A lot earlier than he was supposed to. But fortunately Charlie slid into the hole in the wall and started moving downwards to the second hole that led to outside.

“Was that the door?” Quackity said into the head set.

“He came back early, Quackity from Las Nevadas!” Slimecicle said in a hushed panic. Quackity could feel the color drain from his face. Wilbur had access to a powerful weapon and his best friend was in there.

“Hurry and get out of there.” Quackity said quickly and panicked. He heard Slimecicle mumble to calm down, keeping some sort of quiet comfort.

“I’m living in the walls… I know I might be small but I am the Eighth Wonder…” Charlie mumbled to himself with a smile as he got outside. He got to a point nobody could see him, and turned into his human form.

He started running back to the entrance of Las Nevadas. He ran into the place and straight to the casino. He ran in and went to Quackity.

“I’m back, Quackity from Las Nevadas!” 

“Welcome back Charlie.”

Charlie beamed towards his closest friend. In return, Quackity placed a shaky hand on the other’s shoulder. Slimecicle looked confused, and the raven-haired boy pulled him into a tight hug. 

It took a moment, but soon enough, Charlie hugged back and giggled like a child in a candy store.

“I’m glad you’re safe, octava maravilla..”

~~~~~~~~~~

842 words

Prompt 2/15 completed :]

Anyway, good bye mon amours, je t’aime <3

-Phoenix