»»»

"So you're telling me you got the perfect chance.. and just let it slip."
The green irises of Michael were literally staring Luke down with that angry sparkle in them. The blonde nervously chuckling at his exaggerated seeming reaction when mentioning the incident on the ferris wheel a few days ago.
"I-it wasn't that perfect actually. Like I said, she was really scared; trembling as I held her." He was leaning back in his seat. His feet pressed against the ground, rocking back and forth in his seat. "It wasn't the right moment."
"Are you fucking kidding? That sounded like a scene straight out of a damn movie."
He just shrugged nonchalantly to Michael's argue, making the older boy heave another frustrated sigh. Running his hand over his face, while the other slammed the wooden surface of their table. He then glanced back at Luke, saying nothing for a moment. He was simply speechless.
"Luke, we came all the way down here so you could finally clear everything up with her. You and your paranoid thinking she'd be ignoring you when she obviously isn't. And then you get such an opportunity and do nothing? 'It wasn't the right moment' -Then what do you imagine the right moment to be? I don't like saying it, but don't waste your and her time. We're leaving tomorrow evening, don't forget."

His voice faded, but its warning tone still lingered in the air between them. Fuck, they were actually leaving in a bit over 24 hours. Their flight to New York departing around nine. It wasn't as Luke had forgotten about it. He was rather ignoring it.
His thoughts, however, got interrupted when seeing Michael's face lighting up at the sight of the others returning with drinks in their hands. Cold drinks.

"Hey, why're you looking so mad? Did anything happen?" Tally wondered, a frown set on her eyes when taking a seat next to Michael. She carefully put her glass down, brushing a curl away.
"N-no, nothing," Luke sighed, his look shifting to her and back to Michael.
Setting down the chair, it made a scratchy noise on the ground as Calum also sat down, a bottle of beer in his hands. Michael's words still ringing in his head. Was he right?
"I'll go to the bathroom," the blonde mumbled then and got up, heading inside the crowded bar. People pressed at each other just to get some cool air from the air conditioning.
"He's just being a wimp, Tal. Nothing new," Michael huffed, shooting a glance to the direction he'd disappeared. "Anyway, where's my beer?"
Calum was taking a sip from his own, swallowing the bitter liquid. Pointing behind him where Ashton was heading towards them. Three bottles in his large hands. Michael immediately reached out, practically snatching one away.
"Wo-wow. Calm down, jesus," Ashton chuckled and let himself sink on a stool. "You're not in a desert dying of thirst."
"It's hot and I'm sweating balls, what did you expect?" Michael countered, gulping his drink almost all at once.

In his defence, it was 32°C. Which was weird considering it was the end of August, also meaning the end of summer. Of course nothing compared to the crazy temperatures in July, but still.
So really, his organism was basically craving this cold drink.
"I'm confused," Tally said after taking a sip of her drink as well. An amused smirk playing on her lips which were slightly tinted red due to her cherry drink. "Isn't Australia like insanely warm in the summer? Why are you being so dramatic here?"
"Because," Calum started explaining, setting his bottle down with a simper. "Even in summer he's being vampire-like, locked inside his room all day long. Playing video games or god-knows-what-else."
"Probably training to beat this girl some day," Ashton chuckled under his breath before breaking into a fit of laughter along with Calum. Almost knocking over their bottles.
A loud groan escaping Michael's lips not for the first time these past days. He was really sick of having to hear their lame-ass jokes about him and Nayara over and over again. Most being about the embarrassing fact that she'd humiliated him, of course.
He wasn't mad at her for doing it, he was mad at them for reminding him about it every time his mind got rid of it.