Mail, Dreams, and Niall Horan

Chapter 21

-Niall-

"Niall, this came in the mail for you." Liam spoke, handing me a white envelope. I muttered a thank you and tore the paper open.

"Who's it from?" Louis asked from his spot on the floor. I shrugged and read through the letter.

And I swear my heart stopped.

"Ni? You okay? You look a little flushed, buddy." Liam said.

"Give me it." Louis ordered, snatching the paper from my hand. I watched as his eyes scanned the words. Each sentence his face dropped more and more, getting even more pale.

"That's the girl." I whispered, pointing the her signature.

"The one you keep having dreams about?" Liam questioned. I nodded and took the letter back from Lou.

"What do we do?" Louis asked softly.

"Is there a return address on the envelope?" Liam asked. I rapidly picked up the mail looking for a return address. Sure enough in the corner was a small sticker.

'Scarlett Gates. 839 Canterberry Drive.'

"Let's go. Now." I ordered and grabbed my car keys from the counter.

We all piled into my car. Liam pulled out the GPS, giving me directions on how to get to her house.

"How long ago was the letter sent?" Liam questioned. "Maybe she didn't go through with it. She could still be alive."

"It didn't say. But she lives in London too, so it couldn't have been that long ago." Louis answered from the back seat.

"Turn here." Liam instructed. I took a left onto the street.

An all too familiar street.

"That's the house in my dream." I spoke quietly as I pulled up in front. We hopped out of the car and sprinted for the door.

I banged on the door with my fist screaming her name over and over again.

No answer.

She's dead

The girl of my dreams is dead.

Suddenly I thought of something. I turned on my heel and dashed down the street as fast as my legs could take me.

When I reached my destination I stopped and took a long breath. Where is that tree?

"Scar?!" I called out. I walked through the park in search of the brunette.

"What happened Mommy?" A little girl asked her mother as they walked past a crowd of people.

"I don't know honey."

I darted to the crowd, pushing my way to the front. There in front of me was crime scene tape, officers, plenty of cameras, news stations and an ambulance.

"What happened?!" I cried to the nearest officer.

"A young girl was found half dead." He answered not looking up from his camera.

"Half dead?! Where is she?!"

He pointed to the ambulance in the parking lot. My eyes widened as I spotted the familiar brown hair. Once again, I sprinted to her.

"Scarlett?" I spoke. The fragile girl opened her tired eyes. The brown orbs met mine and I swear I melted.

"Niall?" She gasped.

~~~~~~~~~~

All done! Short but it's all done! Sequel coming out spring! Xx