The Night Before The Final Match

"It looks like your school made it to the finals in volleyball," your dad said out loud while scrolling through his phone.

"Yeah we the shi- I mean we are really good, we also always end up at nationals" you replied hoping he didn't catch you almost cursing at the dinner table.

"You know your father used to be a volleyball star in middle school" your mom laughed reminiscing.

"Hmmmm he's kinda short to be a volleyball sta-"

"I WAS SHORT AND TALENTED BOTH CAN BE TRUE AT THE SAME TIME!!" your dad yelled.

Both you and your Mom laughed at the scene your father caused. He was so pressed.

"Anyways you'll see what I mean with Karasuno's Hinata Shoyo" your dad continued.

"What do you mean?" your mom asked.

"He is the player to watch out for tomorrow" your dad proclaimed.

"He still won't beat Wakatoshi and his team so it doesn't really matter" you let out finishing your plate.

"And why is that?" your dad questioned.

"Because Wakatoshi is strong, talented, intimidating, skillful, smart, beautiful, handsome, calm, cool, collected, sexy, has BDE" you went on and on

"I'm not sure all of those things make him unbeatable dear" your mom laughed

"That boy has done something to you and what the hell is BDE?" your dad asked in disgust.

"Okay well I'm going to sleep goodnight!!!!!" you said running upstairs to avoid answering the question.

***

After taking a shower and slipping on your pj's you immediately grabbed your phone to call Wakatoshi.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

No answer.

You let out the loudest disappointing sigh.

"He's probably resting I should let him sleep" you whispered to your pillow.

To pass time you decided to look up Karasuno's team.

"Who is this Hinata person" you mumbled scrolling through the roster.

"Awww he's so adorable there is no way this orange-haired- WAIT THIS IS THE JUMPING SHRIMP WAKA TALKED ABOUT" you let out in shock

"SHUT UP" your sibling yelled from their room.

You immediately got up from your bed and opened your sibling's door.

"Listen I don't know what has gotten into you lately but YOU need to chill," you said with annoyance peeking ever so slightly through their door.

"and YOU need to learn to be quiet when people are sleeping, and not simping for a man" they replied throwing their pillow at the door.

"Pleasssseeee who is simping" you asked rolling your eyes.

"Ever since you started dating Waka-loser you've been a hoe and you don't even spend time with me anymore" they mumbled into their sheets.

You suddenly became a little upset by that statement. On one end fuck them for saying that, but your sibling wouldn't say that unless they truly felt some type of way.

Now I feel bad you said in your head.

"Do you really think I don't want to spend time with you anymore?" you asked.

"Just close my door and keep quiet," your sibling said covering their face with the blanket.

"I love you bud" you proclaimed quietly closing the door.

When you started walking back to your room a wave of sadness just hit you.

Am I neglecting my family you thought in your head?

Suddenly your phone starts ringing.

*DING* *DING*

You forgot Eden changed your ringtone to Wild Side by Normani.

"Oh Wakatoshi!" you let out quickly running into your room to jump on the bed.

"Sorry for calling you so late" you cried after accepting his call.

"You're fine, I was in the shower" he replied back.

"mmmmm was it steamy?" you asked sinisterly

"Well there was steam since I used hot water" he answered.

"mmmmm yeah you did," you said all horny.

"What's up I can't stay on the phone too long because-"

"Just good luck, I love you, and crush that cute shrimp," you said cutting him off.

"I will" he affirmed with a serious tone.

"I'll be front row waiting for your victory!" you told him.

"Then I have to go all out" he said.

"Haha just give it your all! Goodnight!" you laughed

"Goodnight (y/name)" he replied back.

"Oh and (y/name) he continued.

"What?" you replied.

"That shrimp is not cute and I will prove it to you tomorrow" he affirmed.

"Oh is that so?" you said.

"Yeah... and I love you sleep tight," Wakatoshi says hanging up the call.

You stare at your ceiling in the dark as you laugh at how unintentionally funny Wakatoshi is.

Oh to be young and in love.